Celebrating 10 years of the Angry Video Game Nerd

lackblogger

SasqWatch
He's going to take you back to the past
To play the shitty games that suck ass

And to see 10 years of him raging at shitty games. In this episode he time travels back to his former selves while raging at the shitty Mega Man games that never lived up to the greatness of the original series, the primary bugbears being 3D, cutscenes and dialogue breaks:

If you've never heard of the guy - you're very old or very secluded.
If you've heard of him but never watched him - You're quite old
If you saw the first episode when it aired - you're just old
If you think he's just some old dude - you're too young to understand

10 years, wow, seems like yesterday...

If you've heard of him but never watched him - You're quite old

Or maybe you have standards.

If it didn't allow me to relatively legally peruse copyrighted material Youtube could just go die in a fire

Heard of him, never watched him. 44, is that old? And if I watch him will I get younger?

I've been watching him since his first episode in 2004 (I believe?). Love that guy. He's done a lot of great work for himself and really built himself up which is nice to see.

Heard of him, never watched him. 44, is that old? And if I watch him will I get younger?

That is quite old, yes, and, yes it will, he's all about taking you back to the past! (it wears off after a few minutes though, unfortunately).

I've been watching him since his first episode in 2004 (I believe?). Love that guy. He's done a lot of great work for himself and really built himself up which is nice to see.

I think he's been making vids since 2004, but the first Angry episode was 2006. Yes, he's done some awesome stuff, including licencing an actual AVGN platformer which trolls you with classic AVGN issues and memes, such as the special power SuperMechaDeathChrist2000 which kills everything on the screen:

latest

Link to the game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/237740/ rated very highly for those that like good ol' platformer sidescrollers.

And people need to realize that in 2006, there was NOTHING like what he was doing. Nobody was doing video retro game reviews, or any "angry" stuff. He was literally the pioneer on YouTube paving the way for thousands of those to come!

He's a legend to me. He paved the way for many on YouTube and made a big living doing something he loved (and continues to love) doing.

And he has actually been making movies since he was a kid. It was his favorite passion/hobby. He would pull out the old vhs camcorder and literally tape movies on vhs with his friends. Amazing stuff. He reminds me a lot of myself in many ways.

He's brilliant in every sense of the word.

Thanks for sharing this, lackblogger. I think more people should know about him and learn about him because he is a real success story.

That is quite old, yes, and, yes it will, he's all about taking you back to the past! (it wears off after a few minutes though, unfortunately).

In that case I better get to watching, I wouldn't mind being 25 again.:biggrin:

Like sakichop, I've heard of him, but never watched him. If sakichop is quite old at age 44, what does that make me? I'm 56.

Never heard of him. I don't really consider myself old; I just don't give a rat's ass about 90% of what modern civilization thinks important.

Back
Top Bottom