Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Live!

I see Pathfinder too have successfully acquired the original Baldur's Gate look, which was borrowed and Hi-resolutionized by Pillars of Festernity.

Stop being shallow. BG didn't have timers.

You know they were expecting a big number early. When the initial goal is $300k and the first stretch goal is $370k. That is a real big number for a first stretch goal. Any guesses what they think the final number will be? I will say $1 million.

The campaign is obviously only there to create some buzz. I mean, the initial goal is too low for a serious game.

The final number doesn't matter really, they'll have enough of $ to make what they want. In fact I believe they've already secured funds.
The question is - what exactly do they want to make? I don't see a detailed answer anywhere.

There's info near the bottom of KS page.

Just add the cost of a specific add-on to your pledge and wait for the end of the Kickstarter campaign <-- early access is $15 so up your pledge by that amount :)
Thanks.
Do you know if the character generator was included in Kingmaker's alpha/beta?

Im willing to believe the excitement and enthusiasm of these guys is not pretended.
At least till they are bought by big M or some other corporate glutton.
I don't doubt their excitement and enthusiasm. Having had success with the first game and now starting the next one with a new vision feels great I'm sure.
I just doubt that they're surprised that the initial goal has been hit within a day. Kingmaker made $130k within the first day. And back then nobody knew them and if they were capable of the project.
I guess they had multiple starting paragraphs ready that had different wording depending on the initial goal being met in 1, 2, or a few more days. This isn't an indie dev collecting money to kickstart their first project. This campaign has been meticulously planned. And wouldn't blame them of course. That's how you should do it.

The campaign is obviously only there to create some buzz. I mean, the initial goal is too low for a serious game.

The final number doesn't matter really, they'll have enough of $ to make what they want. In fact I believe they've already secured funds.
Yep they have a publisher and other investors. This is more like a pre-order campaign, and to foresee public interest. Don't forget the Kingmaker sale money also.:nod:

Indeed. It's worth keeping in mind that, even though they are now independent, their main investor is still My.Games from what I can tell, which is owned by Mail.Ru, a massive Russian company. I assume most of their funding is still from their investor, but I'm sure the KS is used to prove that the game is not only viable, but also profitable, so the results will have an impact on the quality of the game.

Thanks.

I don't doubt their excitement and enthusiasm. Having had success with the first game and now starting the next one with a new vision feels great I'm sure.
I just doubt that they're surprised that the initial goal has been hit within a day. Kingmaker made $130k within the first day. And back then nobody knew them and if they were capable of the project.
I guess they had multiple starting paragraphs ready that had different wording depending on the initial goal being met in 1, 2, or a few more days. This isn't an indie dev collecting money to kickstart their first project. This campaign has been meticulously planned. And wouldn't blame them of course. That's how you should do it.

From what you said I got feeling it might be just business to devs as reactions are prepared in advance and pretended. It actually might be all well prepared, but I dont think its just business to them and thats what I said. All good :)

It's quite possible that it's business and passion.

You know they were expecting a big number early. When the initial goal is $300k and the first stretch goal is $370k. That is a real big number for a first stretch goal. Any guesses what they think the final number will be? I will say $1 million.

Probably multiple millions. Maybe 4. Kicktraq projects to $7 million, but that's probably too high at this stage.

Thanks.

I only played beta which I got about 3 months before the release so beta was almost feature complete.

I can't say what alpha was like for Kingmaker.

I know I am so excited! I couldn't have asked for a better companion for my Tiefling character (as I know I will play one). Also like his name and background.

Even his name suggests "Wolf"

The wastelands of the Worldwound are full of traps and hidden treasures, waiting for the right person with a steady hand and a passion for looting. And you just so happen to have such a person in your party. Meet Woljif Jefto, an easygoing, over-talkative tiefling and eldritch scoundrel trying to find his place between two worlds.

Woljif was unlucky enough to be born in Mendev, the land ravaged by demons, where tieflings are still the subject of scorn and distrust. The birth of a boy with horns, a tail, and golden eyes was his family’s undoing. The secret that his seemingly human mother had tried to hide was now out: the blood of the abyssal creature had revealed itself. Woljif’s father left, never to return, and his mother took the boy to Kenabres, to the woman responsible for all the family’s misfortunes. Thus began Woljif’s life in Kenabres. His grandmother felt no remorse for her connection with demons. She saw her grandson only as a tool for stealing food and money, and she beat him mercilessly when he failed. From a young age, Woljif learned that the word “family” meant nothing if you were an unwanted child, and the word “friends” meant even less if you were a tiefling with clearly demonic features. Woljif has never learned anything about his demonic forebears, but he has always known that his heritage is waiting for him: something of both worlds that is truly his and his alone.

Day by day, trying to survive in the back alleys of Kenabres, Woljif learned stealth and magic tricks. Dreaming of wealth and indulging his greed, he made attempts to join local gangs, but those associations never lasted long. Woljif hates the feeling of belonging and fears ties of any sort, so every gang he has ever been in has ceased to exist one way or another, turned over by some “unknown informer.” Except for the Family, the Mendevian crime network better known in Kenabres as the “Thieflings.”

Woljif still works for the Thieflings, but now he does so for the benefit of both Family and Commander. He is a party vendor, always ready to buy your loot and sell you goods carefully selected by the Thieflings (from the homes of Mendevian citizens). Woljif isn’t a huge fan of fighting monsters, but, as an eldritch scoundrel, he sure has a knack for it. Used to relying only on himself, he knows some outstanding buff and debuff spells, as well as flashy magical attacks. Despite his demon-may-care spirit, he is an avid pupil and picks up spells as easily as any wizard. Woljif likes the rogues’ way, and is always ready to spice things up with some nasty magic, which makes him less sneaky but far more versatile than a common rogue. Outside of battle, Woljif is a loud-mouthed braggart, and seldom does it do him any good. He is always ready (apropos of nothing) to tell a tale or two about some guy he once knew and suggest some bizarre con scheme. If you help him find his place in the world, you may get more than just a magical thief and friendly vendor: Woljif Jefto has his own dark, unexplored side, just like the moon that shines down upon both the Abyss and Golarion.

I really enjoyed the first chapter of the game but stopped after becoming a ruler. I won't back it but will probably pick it up someday. Glad to see it succeed.

I only played beta which I got about 3 months before the release so beta was almost feature complete.

I can't say what alpha was like for Kingmaker.
So the character generation was included in the beta?

As you may already know, I am a big fan of OwlCat. But I am not thrilled about these stretch goals. I want to see a turn-based option!

There is a mod for that and PoE2 included that as an option, how hard can it be devs??? :fingerscrossed:
Not worth the time and resources to make that optional.

Anyway this was answered last month why already.
Kingmaker had real-time combat with pause. Are there any plans to make Wrath of the Righteous turn-based?

AM: We really love that the community made turn-based mods that allowed a lot more players to enjoy our game. And we do see its popularity, but right now we’re focusing on making real-time with pause the best we can for Wrath of the Righteous, with a lot more tweaks and fixes. So right now we’re not doing anything for turn-based.

That’s an interesting choice – we saw a lot of excitement when Pillars of Eternity 2 announced its turn-based mode, and it follows logically from the tabletop.

Andrey Tsvetkov: I will add to Alex’s answer that we’re not denying that we might end up working on this in the future. [Turn-based] is a really nice feature and we understand why parts of the community ask for it. And the mods were really cool – we’re glad there are people who actually do this. We might consider it later in development, but for the moment, as Alex said, we are focused on our creative vision, which is real-time with pause, as in Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Back
Top Bottom