Witcher Fear my spiky mace! ( and signs. )

The Witcher

Akimbo

Watcher
Well, I've not even finished the game yet, and for my second run through, I'm considering trying to use the non witcher weapons ( so axes, clubs, spiky mace etc. ) alongside signs to make up for the lack of Witcher combat styles. Anyone else tried this yet? If so how did it work out? I can imagine some of the bosses being pretty difficult to take out this way.

Haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting. I have thought of going pure signs--if you did, this would probably be a good way to max your talent allocations--avoiding the sword styles and pumping intelligence and stamina BUT..

Geralt is just so good at what he does with a sword(!) that I don't think I'd use this approach for the main playthrough. :)

Why not go the 'whole hog' and play with fists like in the tavern-fights (if it's at all possible) with the odd bit of witcher sign accompaniment...
now there's a challenge.? :idea:

Haven't tried it, but it sounds interesting. I have thought of going pure signs--if you did, this would probably be a good way to max your talent allocations--avoiding the sword styles and pumping intelligence and stamina BUT..

Geralt is just so good at what he does with a sword(!) that I don't think I'd use this approach for the main playthrough. :)

Well I'm about 1/2 way through the game on my first play through, so it's going to be a while until I even attempt this.

Idea so far is I found a spiky mace/flail, with +40% chance of stun on it, which I'm going to test out soon. I figured with the %Vitality loss from Quen, knockdown and area damage from Aard + Igni, with crowd/boss control from the Yrden sign, anything that survives can be bashed with the Non-Witcher weapon.

Why not go the 'whole hog' and play with fists like in the tavern-fights (if it's at all possible) with the odd bit of witcher sign accompaniment...
now there's a challenge.? :idea:

Didn't you go through Gothic that way Wulf? You are one sick puppy!! *pun intended* ;)

That's right Jabberwocky, Akimbo's suggestion created a gothic flashback - with fist fighting-alone it was impossible but with a touch of magic it worked, not sure if it would work in The Witcher though.

I believe it is possible but ive yet to learn - how to bind spells such as 'stun' or 'combustion' to a weapon permanently.

So far I seem to suck at fistfighting. I've only managed to beat the wimpy fistfighter at the Country Inn. I'm having more fun with dice poker!

Back on topic... I carry around other weapons ocassionally but have yet to have a desire to use them, the Witcher sword is just so cool! Plus I haven't bothered with learning how to 'draw' them - every time I click on a baddie to attack, Geralt goes for his main weapon.

So far I seem to suck at fistfighting. I've only managed to beat the wimpy fistfighter at the Country Inn. I'm having more fun with dice poker!

Fistfighting is too easy. Just watch the animations. When the other guy starts the punch animation (there's a bit of a jump in it), click. Whap. If you get blocked (can happen with the tougher opponents), immediately raise your block. Don't try to punch at any other times.

That's all there's to it.

or just raise your two fist fighting talents (powerup and extra moves) :)

Back
Top Bottom