Writing for RPGWatch

Three weeks, one playthrough, I might be able to do that. What are the procedures?

GhanBuriGhan was much sooner, with an indication that he would have time (through PM), so he has received the key to download the game.

Congrats Ghan, looking forward to your review. The game seems interesting and I almost jumped in to review it, but I'm a little busy with other games at the moment. Have fun!

Yes it is a Steam version.

Yesterday I had a thought.

I iften try to bring impressions & newsy from the RPC & the Games Com to you ... Why not ask community members in general if they could provide the Watch with an report from a regional/local role play convention, if C-RPG makers/publishers are there, too ?

I was thinking of PA, for example (which is Latin and means "Peace", by the way, as far as I know), perhaps the SDCC or what else might be there.

And it wouldn't need to be offline game makers & publishers alone - often I see online games being advertised there, too.

Or other things as well - how's the development for the 5th rule set of (A)D&D going on ? Have C-RPGs been converted into pen & paper ? Similar things.

This way we could get reports from all over the world. From Asian perhaps as well. Which would be interesting because I don't have a clue about what's going on there regarding C-RPGs (and even less regarding pen & paper RPGs).

Although It is not yet related to writing something, I have a few beta keys for Dragon Commander. At this point in time it only focusses on the RTS elements, so no RPG elements in this phase of the beta. It is also something you cannot talk about yet.
So if you want to help Larian out with this let me know.
Besides that, it is a nice stepping stone for writing something about it later.

I have two beta keys for Dragon Commander left for those wanting to participate. A small update to the above, there is no NDA, so you can talk freely about it.

I'd be interested really looking forward to that game - but I have no time this week or next, so it's better if someone else gives it a go. If you still have them in two weeks, let me know :D

By the way, I started playing around with the alpha of Kenshi - would a preview / alpha report on that be interesting?

I'd be interested really looking forward to that game - but I have no time this week or next, so it's better if someone else gives it a go. If you still have them in two weeks, let me know :D

By the way, I started playing around with the alpha of Kenshi - would a preview / alpha report on that be interesting?
Looks interesting is it worth buying and playing the alpha? I know it only cost $13.
As for reviewing it I would like to say yes, but it's not my decision unfortunately.:please:

I enjoyed your last interview and review.:thumbsup:

So, Shadowrun returns - are you guys on it?

I asked them for a review version, but besides that I don't think we are 'on it'.

Kenshi is interesting. There's a lot of different options on how to approach it. Can really run a legit trade center or build an elite military squad to chase down bandits. It's still Alpha and a lot of the concepts that are planned aren't in yet, but there's enough to enjoy it right now. My biggest issue is the lack of sound, you don't realize how much it adds to the experience till you don't have it.

Kenshi is interesting. There's a lot of different options on how to approach it. Can really run a legit trade center or build an elite military squad to chase down bandits. It's still Alpha and a lot of the concepts that are planned aren't in yet, but there's enough to enjoy it right now. My biggest issue is the lack of sound, you don't realize how much it adds to the experience till you don't have it.

I made quite a few notes on Kenshi, but I want to round it off with a few questions to the developer before sending it to Myrthos. The soundsystem and music is now in the works, so it will hopefully be in an update a few months down the line. Right now I found it interesting to play this with classical music playing in the background in the Media Player - goes well with the endless deserts :)

Myrthos, regarding Shadowrun: since this is a short game, I would be interested and probably able to contribute something - but it might be a good one to have multiple perspectives on as well. I'll get my backer copy so at least for me no review copy required.

Who wants to review Dragon Commander?

Who wants to review Dragon Commander?
I see you finally got that coveted review code.;) I would do it but my writing skills are sub-par. What about you GhanBuriGhan?

No, won't have the time. I might still try to do something for SRR (although that party feels like its over) and I am still working on a Kenshi preview.

I don't feel like I could do the game justice - as I haven't been following it too closely - and it's really not my cup of tea.

As I understand it, it's some kind of unique RPG/RTS?

Back
Top Bottom