Remedy - Alan Wake Publishing Rights

Eh? Wasn't it done and done? They kind of do ( Remedy) their own style of narrative driven "atmospheric" TPS, sequels are not really needed in their case.

Eh? Wasn't it done and done? They kind of do ( Remedy) their own style of narrative driven "atmospheric" TPS, sequels are not really needed in their case.

Max Payne had a sequel, and Alan Wake had one planned too (they even started prototyping it). But it seems its publisher at the time, Microsoft, didn't have confidence in the product. So it was shelved. But now, with them having both the IP rights and publishing rights, I think they could restart that. I believe Remedy even said that the first game and its DLC was more like season 1 of a tv show (it was even structured like that).

There's even some footage of Alan Wake 2 prototyping it seems.

Have you ever watched Twin Peaks? I've seen a few people say that Alan Wake reminded them of that show.

Speaking of Max Payne, I really enjoyed those games back in the day, or at least the first two. Wasn't the third game developed by someone else?

Have you ever watched Twin Peaks? I've seen a few people say that Alan Wake reminded them of that show.

I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan. I mean I'm a huge David Lynch fan also. :D
And yeah, Remedy constantly referenced both Twin Peaks and The Shinning as inspirations for Alan Wake.

Speaking of Max Payne, I really enjoyed those games back in the day, or at least the first two. Wasn't the third game developed by someone else?

I loved them all, but yeah, the first two in particular. I replayed both of them recently and they still 100% hold up. Max Payne 3 was developed by Rockstar, who owns the IP. It was good gameplay-wise (maybe even better than the first two), but I did not particularly like the setting they chose. But it was still good. And the soundtrack in particular I liked, from Health.

I'm a huge Twin Peaks fan. I mean I'm a huge David Lynch fan also. :D
And yeah, Remedy constantly referenced both Twin Peaks and The Shinning as inspirations for Alan Wake.

You might want to check out a game called Deadly Premonition if you haven't already. You would almost think Lynch made it himself.

I loved them all, but yeah, the first two in particular. I replayed both of them recently and they still 100% hold up. Max Payne 3 was developed by Rockstar, who owns the IP. It was good gameplay-wise (maybe even better than the first two), but I did not particularly like the setting they chose. But it was still good. And the soundtrack in particular I liked, from Health.

I replayed MP 1&2 a few years ago myself. I've never been able to get into MP3 though. I should give it another try.

I'd love to see the first two games remastered at some point.

Back
Top Bottom