Book of Heroes - Steam Page & Comic

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Steam page for The Dark Eye: Book of Heroes is up, offering some English information.

Also the first two pages of a Book of Heroes comic are available, here and here.

More information.

The product suspiciously feels like combination of Bigpoint's Drakensang Online and now defunct Sword Coast Legends.
Other than that it's screenshots looks worse than the original Drakensang TDE and Drakensang TRoT, both being ancient products.

I'll wait till Alrik judges it's solo player aspect, as I'm not really interested in socialization with nolifers over internet.

Since I'm a bit out of touch with TDE things these days, this is the very first time I read aboiut it …

Everything I can find about it looks like a Blizzard Action-RPG clone, but one, as I read, with more emphasis on non-combat things (riddles are mentioned) than a classic clone has.

This appears to be the official web page : https://wildriver.games/dsa

I feel reminded of the failed MMORPG "Herokon", but this is not an online game, as far as I know (although co-op mp will be possible, I read).

English interview as the developer is finnish. Which is already kind of sub-optimal as it's not really anyone who lives and breathes the license but probably rather someone who grabbed it as it was there.

Game has Single player and Coop Multiplayer. You will be able to pause the combat in Singleplayer, but not in multiplayer.

While I love TDE as world, I don't think this game is for me.
To me it feels like this is what Jagged Alliance Flashback is for Jagged Alliance.
But we'll see.

Developer confirmed the combat will be RTwP (& similar to NWN1 where you control one character with AI controlled henchmen) which pretty much killed any interest I might have had in it.

Seriously, no one was able to do something on par with the Drakensang series so far. i had a glimmer of hope for Book of Heroes, but reading more about it…that glimmer went away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom