The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Interesting. Steely Dan is one of those bands which I think are good, but their music doesn't do anything for me. In other words: Good music which I don't like that much.

However.

The rythm reminds me of the following tune by the early krautrock band Can:

BTW, the guy in the background making all those funny noises is Holger Czukay. He used to play bass, but switched to sound effects, which he developed further in his solo-albums, for instance "Movies".

Contrary to the album version (from Saw Delight) which has vocals, this particular version has only vocal effects.

pibbur who realizes some will find this monotonous, to which pibbur replies: "As if that is a bad thing".

Last edited:

I am admiring this girl more and more. She isn't just the latest cynically-served-up sex waif — she's her own sex waif. She designs and produces the soundscapes for the tracks, sings and is her own lead dancer, and on the last couple videos (though not this one) she's been the director as well.

Sex waif auteur? Anyway, I think she's great.

Interesting. Steely Dan is one of those bands which I think are good, but their music doesn't do anything for me. In other words: Good music which I don't like that much

Yeah I was pretty inattentive to them for years, but once I heard the album "The Royal Scam" I came to appreciate the lyrics and goove alot more. I think alot of their stuff over the years kind of sounds the same, but the first few albums are great.

During my music to play while exercising "campaign", I've come to Led Zeppelin.

Here's:

And

And finally:

pibbur who comes from the land of ice and snow but no hotsprings

Achilles Last Stand may be my favourite track of all time.

Yes, it's great. But my all-time favourite song remains the same: Kashmir.

pibbur who hasn't been to Kashmir and not to the wastelands of Morocco, either.

Last edited:
Yes, it's great. But my all-time favourite song remains the same: Kashmir.

It's an interesting track. The guitar/strings part is in 3/4, while the Bonham plays in 2/4. Plant reckons that it was Bonham's decision to play such a slow and simple drum line that makes it work. Bonham's playing almost nothing, by his standards.

Led Zeppelin may very well be the best band ever by most polls, and there is no mistaking that they were one of the best all-time, and definitely pushed the boundaries, but by god I think 99% of the live stuff Ive heard from Robert Plant is downright awful. The music is absolutely amazing, but the live vocals, IMHO not so much. From the studio he sounds fantastic though

2 more haunting tunes, this time from Mari Boine who is, quoting Wikipedia, "a Norwegian Sami musician known for having added jazz and rock to the yoiks of her native people".

and

pibbur who is not sure if ms Boine accepts being referred to as a Norwegian Sami musician, in stead of just Sami.

I like that second one. Nice!

Since we've come to Zeppelin covers, here's one which actually isn't one of those, since the song wasn't composed by them. But it's another version, and actually a good one:

Sadly mr Campbell died in 1993, only 41 years old.

pibbur who long ago decided to stay clear of breaking levees.

Suddenly on my home PC I can no longer see videos that are attached in this thread. All I see is "Loading....." where a video is embedded. Any idea how to fix this?

Back
Top Bottom