Spaceland - Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Spaceland has released on Steam.

Perhaps the most dynamic turn-based strategy in the spirit of XCOM. Less covers, more action. Land on the lost planet and give the mutants hell. Shoot, kick, blow, crush. You will gather the most desperate team of fighters and unravel the secrets of the mystical planet in the best traditions of science fiction genre.

Features

• The game is inspired by the best turn-based strategies of the old school - XCOM, Incubation, Laser Squad
  • A unique blend of dynamic turn-based battles lasting 10-15 minutes
  • Make a squad from 7 space rangers, each with a unique fighting style
  • The story of the mysterious planet in the spirit of the "golden age" of science fiction
  • Colorful hand-drawn map of the game world
  • Assault rifles, machine guns, plasma guns, grenade launchers as well as and many other primary and secondary equipment to enhance your fighters
  • 20 different types of fierce enemies: from alien critters to vile monsters
  • Upgradable futuristic equipment, giving your fighters new special abilities
  • Rich dialogues between your team members, revealing unexpected plot details
  • Colorful special effects that transform a turn-based battle into an exciting action
  • And, of course, the party headliners - threacherous bosses at the end of each story chapter
More information.

This actually looks pretty neat. My only concern is that the combat might be a little simplistic and too easy.

Unlike their previous titles which were phone2PC ports this one is PC only game (currently) and it does look interesting to me - but it has a sort of EAlike roadmap (online duels in november? dafuq?).

Not sure what to do. Probably just wishlist it and grab if I ever get me enough time for everything and if the word next month is that mmoization didn't ruin the game.

Like JDR mentioned about, I'm a tad concerned about how easy the combat might be. I look forward to thoughts from any here that give it a whirl.

I would be playing this like crazy, were it not for the massively amazing Valkyria Chronicles 4 that I'm currently reducing to rubble. Then there is XPiratez and The XCOM Files. Then FF Tactics PS1 (which is way better than stupid War of the Lions). Then there is Tactics: Ogre for which I'm waiting for v1.0! I asked the author of the latter: would it be faster to reach v1.0 if he would be paid to do it? He responded: "Nope!" with a convincing explanation. :(

I'm playing this now and it's pretty good. The later missions are fairly difficult, and I've had to reload a few times on some of them.

Back
Top Bottom