Shroud of the Avatar - Release Day

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The MMORPG Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues leaves Early Access:

Launch is Here! Release 52 This Tuesday

Welcome to the launch of Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues (Episode 1)! After a successful Kickstarter and several years of amazing open development with our community we are finally ready to leave Early Access! The launch build (aka Release 52) goes live this Tuesday, March 27, at 10:30 AM US Central Daylight Time (15:30 UTC).

Release 52 is the third, and final, release in which we focused on the current iteration of our Top 10 Priorities for Launch (from Q1 2018 post). Once again, we were able to address almost every single item on that list in some fashion. We made incredibly strong progress on performance, player direction, story polish, enemy behaviors, and UI polish. We also finished more physical goods, including the certificates and runic card. Simultaneous to all of this, we had our launch event and participated in SXSW with a booth and numerous talks.
More information.

Kickstart contributors should get a bonus 'dead horse' item that they can beat.

Kickstart contributors should get a bonus 'dead horse' item that they can beat.

Love this idea.

Also love the idea of refunds.

I know nothing about all the controversy here but the gameplay videos on steam look pretty impressive

Didn't look very impressive to me.

A few people on steam commented that the single player "episode one" isn't included in the launch day release. That's pretty much all I'm interested in. The mmo and RMT aspects of the game I've zero interest in.

@TheMadGamer;
I'm not interested in this game as it doesn't stand out but if I was it would be for the single player portion.

I know nothing about all the controversy here but the gameplay videos on steam look pretty impressive

It does not play like that at all....it looks like an action rpg in the video...in the game....eh not so much.

The story line is bad and written like fan fiction.

The launch bug today was that the chat window would close as you talk to an npc...

sounds are pretty bad...no walking sounds...no climbing ladders(sound or action, you teleport)

Overland map looks nice but is pretty useless...

I couldn't do more then an hour today and even then I was just wondering why did I bother?

It's bad.

A few people on steam commented that the single player "episode one" isn't included in the launch day release. That's pretty much all I'm interested in. The mmo and RMT aspects of the game I've zero interest in.

What?

Yes it is...or what it will be...that is. There is no magic single player game coming.

And the entertainment continues…it will just be more public now I guess? Or maybe the game has already been mostly ignored outside of the core "pay to play with housing" people that already play.

It has this in the summary; those are not what I remember making the Ultima series great. Maybe the story (although from what I hear there really isn't a single player one worth mentioning) and the free exploration i can't comment on as I have not and most likely will not play this. The rest have nothing remotely to do with the original series of games outside of Ultima online.

"As a revival of the classical in-depth RPG, Shroud of the Avatar binds together many of the key features that made the Ultima series so popular:

A far reaching story written in collaboration with celebrated fantasy author Tracy Hickman, where players are confronted with ethical choices based on Virtues and Principles.
Multiple MMO gameplay features combined to offer a unique, shared online experience set within a persistent world.
The ability to create a classless avatar allows for distinct play styles and uniquely specialized builds.
Wide-reaching freedom to explore a living, breathing fantasy world enriched by a player-driven crafting and economic system.
Players can opt to play solo or with friends, owning their own houses or even entire towns, and sign up and cooperate within various in-game guilds.
Pay Once to Play with no subscription fees.

I'd be happy to read a review for the single player experience only.

I'd be happy to read a review for the single player experience only.
Is there even a single player option available to play? As every news-bit focused on online transactions. If there is one I bet is feels empty compared to the online version.

I imagine the refund requests are simply going to be epic. It should quickly overwhelm whatever customer support they may have.

I doubt that, I think most people doesn't care, and perhaps aren't that unhappy with it. But we'll see.

pibbur who won't ask for a refund, in case he wants to play it, some time.

Is there even a single player option available to play? As every news-bit focused on online transactions. If there is one I bet is feels empty compared to the online version.

There is an off-line option. No idea how good that is.

pibbur who is a bit disappointed that the game is something else than he thought he pledged, but who also is a very (too much) forgiving person.

Back
Top Bottom