HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Overclockers Club has reviewed Kingdom Come: Deliverance:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance Review

Introduction:

Here it is, at long last my review of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, a game that places you in 1403 Bohemia, when the kingdom is suffering from civil war. You play as Henry, the son of the blacksmith in Skalitz, but soon after the game starts, your home is attacked and razed to the ground, starting you on your path to protect the province and push back the invaders. While Henry himself is not a real person, the events and some of the NPCs you interact with can be found in history.

Kingdome Come: Deliverance is an open world RPG, and you can expect some of the same mechanics found in other games of the genre, such as the collection of skills you can develop by paying people to teach you, and more importantly practice. Sometimes practice is difficult, as failure can be punishing, but as you level up skills you can unlock some very useful perks, making the time and money invested worth it. There is a lot you can do in this game, and while some can be a little hard to grasp initially, nothing is too hard to get a handle on.

The ESRB has given the game a Mature rating for blood and gore, intense violence, strong language, nudity, strong sexual content, and use of alcohol. Except perhaps blood and gore and intense violence, I think all of the descriptors were met with a single mission, but the game definitely deserves all of these descriptors. If that means such content is not suitable for you, then this review and its media likely is not either.

With those points covered, time to get to the actual review.

[...]

Conclusion:

Does Kingdom Come: Deliverance deliver on expectations? I am not sure because I did not really set any expectations before playing it, but I was still very satisfied. It really is a fun game and an easy one to recommend, if you are up for such a large game. Not everyone is, and that is fine, but if you want an open-world RPG experience that is also story driven, this is a very good game to consider. It offers a lot between its missions, activities, and the time you can invest in all of it, so if that appeals to you, go for it.

The graphics are beautiful in so many ways, I almost wish I could just walk around in the environment without concern for enemies or anything else. The performance is a bit spread out currently, but I think newer drivers and patches will help with this some, though I cannot guess how much. The story is very good and does provide an interesting glimpse into history, but you may find yourself putting more time into other events than those books might record. The gameplay is solid and enjoyable, even if I can find some things I wish were better. Altogether, it is a good game very worthy of consideration.
More information.

Wow, that was worth a click. Immensely detailed review that I would not expect.

I wonder how the sales are doing. I know it started out strong. But, i haven't heard anything since.

In februar, to be specific 25 days ago, PC gamer reported that it already sold 1 million copies. Seems to be doing good!

Back
Top Bottom