Pricewatch!

I definitely bought the BioShock Infinite DLC on Steam at about 60% discount. But yeah, it's rarely on sale.

I haven't seen it for less than 9.99€ this time. That's too much. I would buy it for 5€.

K, BioShock it is. They say the burial at sea DLC is the best part.

7.5 euro for BioShock infinite
10 euro for the season pass
15 euro all together.

I wondered why the season pass scam still exists.
Of course it exists when everybody is paying for it!

It's not a scam if you get exactly what you're expecting?

It's not a scam if you get exactly what you're expecting?

That's the thing, you don't know what you're getting. It is sort of a scam. Basically you're paying for the hopes that the developers will release something you like, and you're paying dearly for it (most likely you'll get more for the bang if you buy things as they are released).

I think he meant that in this case all DLC is already here so you know what you get.

In any case I just bought the base game. It's not like I will have the chance to finish bas too before the next sale

Yep. A "season pass" is just a bundle at this point.

Although a season pass is still never a scam. I don't like season passes either, but you weaken your argument against them by falsely overstating the case.

Base game + 3 DLC for $15 seems reasonable to me.
Base game + season pass + all DLC + guaranteed no more DLC = I'm paying 10 bucks max for that
Base game + no DLC ever + no scams ever = I'll pay full price for that even after 237856378 years
Base game + season pass + whatever not released yet = sorry, that's not a full game but early access named differently, my money goes elsewhere

Although a season pass is still never a scam.
Paying for thin air is scam.
Season pass is not a product. They're selling a future discount, a thing that doesn't exist now and are putting a customer to risk as you can't be sure if a company will go bankrupt. That's scam.
And the scam won't stop till people are falling for it.

joxer said:
Paying for thin air is scam.
Season pass is not a product. They're selling a future discount, a thing that doesn't exist now and are putting a customer to risk as you can't be sure if a company will go bankrupt. That's scam.
And the scam won't stop till people are falling for it.
The concept you describe reminds me a bit of kick starter.

Besides whether it is a scam or not they at least should have picked a better name than "season pass", whatever that means

@joxer: You argue like a child.

All digital content is "thin air", so that statement is entirely specious.

A "scam" requires someone to be conned out of money, in this case by being lied about what they're buying. This is not the case with season passes, however much you may find the concept distasteful (as I do too).

The concept you describe reminds me a bit of kick starter.

Besides whether it is a scam or not they at least should have picked a better name than "season pass", whatever that means
Kickstarter doesn't give cash if the "plan" was unfulfilled. Season pass instacharges your credit card, no refund.

@joxer: You argue like a child.
Dunno what does that mean, but I actually respect children so...

All digital content is "thin air", so that statement is entirely specious.
No. Sorry. It's not.
And if you're trying to convice me season pass is not scam, just don't. I won't change my opinion and will continue to suggest not buying it as it hurts the industry.

Base game + season pass + all DLC + guaranteed no more DLC = I'm paying 10 bucks max for that.

Well it's a lot cheaper than Mass Effect 3 and a couple of its DLC. Yet you paid for it. "season pass" in this case means 3 DLC. Nothing more, nothing less. In general, I don't buy season passes unless I know exactly what I am getting, so bio shock 3 season pass is fine.

Mass Effect (any) doesn't have season pass. :)

Don't get me wrong, I posted on official Bioware forum that their Bioware Points business is scam and they operate like sicillian mafia. And no, I didn't get banned for that.

And I did buy those DLC *before* I decided it's not gonna happen ever again.
Just so someone doesn't come and say "you're spitting on DLC without buying any". Well, I did. And because I tried now I say don't be stupid like me and just don't buy till they stop the mobster job.

But season pass? Never bought a single one. Said when I will. When a game gets packed up, completed, and the whole package drops on max 10 bucks total. If there wasn't season pass, well, I'd pay more for the full package. But they scammed enough suckers already to buy a new car every day so I'm not paying more than 10.

"Bioware operate like Sicilian mafia"

What a silly statement.

Silly or not, that's what I think. You may think otherwise. EA will love you. :)

Nice little 2D Space Sim:

Star Nomad

for Elite and Freelancer fans.
When I bought that, I got this with it for free:

ng-02.jpg

Not sure whether it's included with the Steam version.

Back
Top Bottom