Divinity: Original Sin II - Fane Introduction

I think this origin story is one of the most interesting. It also sounds like this story will be the most intertwined in the world, as I have read this character is really into the lore aspect. At first, I thought the voice was off, but now I understand where they are coming from, it fits the character. An arrogant being who actually does know more about the world than most everyone he meets, and feels like he is a superior being because of this knowledge and experience of living in ancient times.

Sounds like a rep for RPGwatch, and indeed anyone that likes the older crpgs. :)
Listening to his speech in that context is awesome.
He was imprisoned during the golden era of rpgs and awoke to microtransactions and mmo phonegame hell.

Avellone is behind the Undead race in the game, is he the one that made this companion as well?

I've just watched all of the introductions in a row. Imho all of them seem to be very interesting (Ifan not so much) and coherent characters. The Red Prince is a marvelous arrogant prick. He'd be my first choice if I'd do something like an "evil" playthrough.
Fane is really intriguing. When I first heard about an undead as acompanion I wasn't excited as I feared (and still fear a bit) that Larian can't pull this off without silliness.

I plan to go with Fane, Sebille and Lohse. I hope that somehow works out as I don't like playing the fighter/tank as main character. If Fane gets silly I'll perhaps replace him by Beast.

Does anyonw know how the mechanics work here? Do I have to decide at some point who I bring along? Or can I switch them anytime?

You can play with four of the available characters and role play all four of them if you like.

Yep, I've heard of this option, but I like to play a custom character as main protagonist and discover the origins as NPCs.

Last edited:
Nice voice acting. Anyone know who it is?

Christopher Bonwell (that's not going to tell you much though, he's very new).

Does anyonw know how the mechanics work here? Do I have to decide at some point who I bring along? Or can I switch them anytime?

You can switch any time in Act 1 but from what I've read, the party get locked once you move to Act 2 (you should still be able to hire mercenaries in act 2 tough).

When does DOS:2 unlock on Steam?

Tomorrow the 14th (unlocks are usually timed with Steam update time which is at -8GMT).

I hope it'll release at GOG at the same time.

You can switch any time in Act 1 but from what I've read, the party get locked once you move to Act 2 (you should still be able to hire mercenaries in act 2 tough).

Ugh, I hope that's wrong. What arbitrary, video-gamey bullshit.

:rolleyes:
So to see everyone's story, I need to make a savegame at the end of act 1, finish the game then load that save to see what'll happen if I have others with me. Like Torment 2?
Excused by a party size cap, that's a bad "replayability" system IMO. Unless the game has other elements like choices&consequences that can make the world in replay completely different.

Of course, assuming NPC stories apart from these mini videos do exist.

Ugh, I hope that's wrong. What arbitrary, video-gamey bullshit.

It is story related.

:rolleyes:
So to see everyone's story, I need to make a savegame at the end of act 1, finish the game then load that save to see what'll happen with others. Like Torment 2?
Bad "replayability" system IMO. Unless the game has other elements like choices/consequences that can make the world in replay completely different.

Of course, assuming NPC stories apart from these mini videos do exist.

Based on Steam achievements, the origin character stories each have at least 2 endings each and that doesn't account for what you can do to the origin characters in act 1.

There are NPC achievements, as in plural?
*sigh*

Can't they just put one that says "completed all sidestories" and be done with redudance already?

Okay I admit, for some reason I expected a perfect game. I guess I should lower my excitment a bit. Especially because it's just one day of wait left. Yay! :D

Only if you select him as your character ;)

Back
Top Bottom