Age of Decadence - Public Beta Released

Very silent release. Anyway, I can't wait to try it. Yay! :)

Very silent release. Anyway, I can't wait to try it. Yay! :)

They're the strong, silent type :)

For the time being I have the official press release from Vince D. Weller himself.
Fuck press-releases. I hate that phony shit. "Here is the link. Go nuts."

Too late for me. I'm at 173MB after 90 minutes.

Well I got it installed...started the game and crashed after the menu:(

Ahh well, have to go to work so I will try again later.

Keep in mind everyone that it's a *public beta* so if you have issues, post them on the Iron Tower forums and provide as much info as you can.

The Rapidshare link is extremely slow, at least for me. I seem to be stuck at around 200 KB/sec.

Well that's because rapidshare throttles free downloads now unless you prove your not doing illegal downloading. The only other way is to buy a premium account.

Well I got it installed…started the game and crashed after the menu:(

Ahh well, have to go to work so I will try again later.

Similar issues were solved at Codex by changing a sound provider (to DirectSound) in options menu. Let me know if it helps.

That is why it took so long since if they had crowd funding of a significant amount they would have had it done long ago. Being able to dedicate your time to making the game and being able to hire outside help really shortens the development time.

The demo is still a big buggy (being a Beta this is to be expected), I had two crashes yesterday. Also, the font itself and the font size are really, really bad for playing a high resolutions (1920x1200). The camera also isn't ideal.

On the plus side: I like the character/skill system, the battles are fun (even though I have to invest more time to find out what skill effects what and what is really useful) and the conversations seem to be good as well.

I'm looking forward to the finished game although I don't know if I'll buy at release or wait for a bit.

I like the setting so far, reading the class called praetor and then seeing that a few houses have influence, reminded me of my beloved tv series called Spartacus. I like it especialy if I can play as a merchant witch turns out has to play his role in the political intrigues.

WOW, can't wait to try this! So the public beta is the complete first chapter ? or is it more than that?

It's the first town of the game plus two satellite locations (related to quests you get in the town). There are some quests that you can't complete in the demo but most of it is self-contained and feels like a little game on its own.

I believe they said that it's roughly 25% of the full game.

Very curious how much the Watch will like it. AoD is a tough game. You need a bit of a different frame of mind than for normal RPG too - exerimenting with characters and finding out what works, is part of the fun. Unlike other RPGS you can very easily make characters that will go nowhere (except to a painful death - thankfully AoD has some of the best death screens in recent memory ;) ).
If you need some advice, come to the ITS forums. E.g. Dragatus made a great thread with some (not too spoilerish) hints on combat:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/topic,2497.msg81746.html#new

Back
Top Bottom