The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Peter: Fighter/Paladin/Monk melee build of indeterminate origins.
CM: Rogue/Artificer/Fighter machine gun build
Me: Deep Gnome AM Illusion/Enchantment build
Corwin: Soulstone
Dte: Unknown
JM: Unknown/MIA
The Savage Dragon: Unknown
Stripach: Unknown if running

That leaves us without a steady source of healing, but otherwise we're looking almost like a balanced group, with 3 of 4 main positions filled.

Since I'm a Deep Gnome this life, I'll be at the wall until we're almost to heroic cap, and can start at whatever level we're forming the group at. Are we doing Korthos as a group or just ignoring it like usual? I haven't TRed yet, but I've just got to go turn in the heart and remake the character. I just need to know what level I need to stop at when I do the TR.
A few things-
1) The new group will form at toon level 4. That's Korthos plus the lvl2 stuff. Solo or team up as you see fit.
2) I've narrowed my plan down to 3 options, none of which I'm married to. RhoGu is doing a barbarian life and can ETR and TR whenever. Phuury is headed for a cleric life but has a good bit of work to do (only lvl17 now) before that can happen. Shadohe is just shy of lvl5 as a swash bard, so I could let everyone catch up and then bring her in. Sounds like Shadohe might be the best fit since that would give us at least secondary healing.
3) Reminder that I'm out next week and questionable for the following one (22DEC). Should be good for 29DEC.

A few things-
1) The new group will form at toon level 4. That's Korthos plus the lvl2 stuff. Solo or team up as you see fit.
2) I've narrowed my plan down to 3 options, none of which I'm married to. RhoGu is doing a barbarian life and can ETR and TR whenever. Phuury is headed for a cleric life but has a good bit of work to do (only lvl17 now) before that can happen. Shadohe is just shy of lvl5 as a swash bard, so I could let everyone catch up and then bring her in. Sounds like Shadohe might be the best fit since that would give us at least secondary healing.
3) Reminder that I'm out next week and questionable for the following one (22DEC). Should be good for 29DEC.

Are we starting into the L3 content? In that case, L5 characters will be fine. If there's any L2 content we're doing, we need to stay at 4 for streak, but at that level it may not matter that much to people. So you could just bring your L5 Bard in without issue either way. IMO, I'm not married to the streak since XP is easier to come by at early levels, so anything is fine by me.

The Bard brings both solid secondary healing, but good DPS and possible CC depending on your build (see how well Stripach's Beirdan can freeze everything solid for us). Barbarian might be more DPS, and were (last I played one) fairly self sufficient past level 12 with the new self-healing options (outside of Reaper), but the Bard would be probably a better grouping character. Cleric should get a pass before next Christmas, but we'll see.

Peter: Fighter/Paladin/Monk melee build of indeterminate origins.
CM: Rogue/Artificer/Fighter machine gun build
Me: Deep Gnome AM Illusion/Enchantment build
Corwin: Soulstone
Dte: Halitosis Bard or Barbarian or Cleric
JM: Unknown/MIA
The Savage Dragon: Unknown
Stripach: Unknown if running

That's fine with me. Shadohe picks up the freezy stuff in the low teens but I doubt she'll be as good at it as Striapach's toon. She's half way thru Catacombs and 3/5 of the way thru lvl4. I'll probably finish off catacombs at some point just cuz, but I don't intend to start Waterworks without the group. She's done a few of the lvl3 bar quests, but not all. You're right, there's no reason not to let people start at toon level 5 since the group as a whole will start with lvl3 quests. I just wouldn't recommend people be too far into 5 or else they might hit the wall before we get everyone sorta kinda matched up.

Haven't given much thought to a content plan for that group. I'll have Catacombs done but I know most of the group hates that chain so it probably won't be part of the plan. We'll do Waterworks as a group. Beyond that, there's STK (yippee) and the beginning of Tangles, plus a few bar quests. Not necessarily enough content to get everyone thru level 5, is my worry. I'd like to skip the 3BC saga (3BC + Sentinels) this time around, but that puts us thin for level 4 and level 5 content. One thin level is tricky but can be worked around- two sequential thin levels gets really tough. Maybe we pick up Deleras this time; it's been a while for that chain. We'll likely run some stuff under level, but pulling content forward leaves a hole where it was "supposed to be run".

Anyone want a Big Book? :)

If I had the big book, it would just be 'run everything, except Necro III and Restless Isles and maybe Heroic TOEE'. 5k favor run for everybody! Though on a serious note, that would probably benefit those of us who don't buy the +7 supremes for all their characters and rely on the now non-existent tome drops for our characters.

About the only thing L2 has is Coin Lord favor out the wahzoo. Not important; there's more than enough in the game, but it would be nice to get both bags early for me, since I'm toting a full bag of crap already at L4.

I got Aerie ready to roll. She's 5, has most of the useful spell inscribed already, and has the basics (CON, Fort, False Life, etc) covered in gear. I'll try to pop in to get her some Coin Lord favor at least, but as a Deep Gnome I'll be at the wall practically until we hit 20, so XP isn't an issue.

Last edited:
We've only got one trap monkey so far. That might be a problem if we end up with more than 6 regulars.

We'll be running Sharn so Coin Lord favor shouldn't be a major problem anyway.

Are we walking away from the 18's? I think a couple of us had already moved those toons out of range. Not a big deal, but that means that group officially gets punted (I'll need help some day to get Bot capped since a gimpy AA doesn't solo well, but that's fine) and people need to get their next toons positioned sooner than originally advertised.

I have a couple of toons in the 15-19 range and I'm still not sure which one(s) I should take through to twenty and then TR!! My regular Alt was a trapping Arti, so I'm not wanting to run another trapper just yet. I'll need to think more about it!! :)

Game down for another patch

Another patch. Game is scheduled to be down till 1pm GMT -5 (US Eastern). It's only Tuesday, so there could easily be another patch before Friday. Plan accordingly.

Sounds like we might need to have a get to level 20 run for some people?
I would suck if I had the book. If you really want to toss it, you get to pick the who and sort it with them IMHO.

When I get a new PC, I'll return to DDO again ... I'm actually wonderimg how it looks like these days ...

Although I've found a really nice and very funny small guild in SWTOR (mainly consisting of female players, which is surprising), I feel that my days at SWTOR are kind of waning ... It feels so much streamlined these days ... And the new expansions don't feel much like Star Wars to me ...

So I'm looking at how I can get a game with more brain than graphic , and DDOs became one of my "choice-points". Because it had so much better focus on mechanics - in SWTOR you don't need a trap-monkey, for example.

As I'm still working out which components my new PC will have - recent discussions around Intel's ME drove me away from that - it might be very late this year or even in the new year when my new PC will be there ...

And then I'd still have to download all of this stuff with my slow connection ...
Even although my old DDO installation is still sitting there ...

So far - good luck to you all ! :)

We look forward to your rejoining our ranks in the near future!! We're on a mini hiatus for the next 2 weeks with many of our regulars caught up in family holiday commitments, but I'm sure a few will still be around for help and advice!! :)

Ok, back for now.... sorry so long... bard ok for alt?

Glad to see you back Jm. :) You can play any toon so bard will be fine.

I decided to get my iconic favored soul to 30 so he can TR to the maul fighter / Paladin / monk build. SSG won't fix the deity bug for bladesworn so no need to stay there. Favored soul Enhancement updates is postponed and so on. Currently he is Level 26. He will be 30 in the near future and ready to TR.

Someone mentioned that the book keeper said we should TR and play ourselves up to level 5 before we play together. So that means Korthos, the Level 2 quests and maybe some Level 3 quests before we start the guild runs.

I think some said they won't make it for next Friday and possibly the Friday after that. So it looks like early January for the new TR group to work together. However, we could play them up to 5 before that.

Can anyone confirm that playing to level 5 solo (or in smaller group) is what we do before the TR train starts again?

I believe that is the plan, but there's no date yet for the next set of alts.

I'm out this week, as expected. Returning next week.

Can anyone confirm that playing to level 5 solo (or in smaller group) is what we do before the TR train starts again?
Confirmed. Aim for the low end of level 5, not 3xp shy of 6th. The train will start with Waterworks and level 5 toons.

I believe that is the plan, but there's no date yet for the next set of alts.
Pretty much. We're still going to work the mains thru epic content so there will be some flexibility as to when the alts will kick in. My best guess would be mid-January, but that's only a few weeks away at this point.

There is another patch tomorrrow, and release notes can be found at:

Update 37 Patch 1 Release Notes

Of interest, they've dropped the levels at which stat tomes apply, as follows:
Ability Stat Tomes have new Minimum Levels in which they apply:
Level 1: Up to +2
Level 3: +3
Level 7: +4
Level 11: +5
Level 15: +6
Level 19: +7
Level 22: +8 (the +7 to +8 Upgrade Tome is currently available as a reward in the new Ravenloft raids.)
NOTE: The benefit is not applied until a character first logs into the game world, so the stat benefit is not available during initial character creation or reincarnation, but will apply when the character first logs into the world.
Not sure how big the update is, but based on the release notes, they covered a lot of items, so it may not be small. Plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Game is back up. Update took about 5 minutes on my FIOS line, so not too bad.

Checked Crissanna (level 10) who has some +5 tomes, & they are already applying. Crazy.

Next TR Group & Friday

Decided on what I'm doing for the next TR group. I will be TR'ing my wizard, Diahnna, into a trapper, since that seems to be what we need the most. However, she is not ready to TR yet. I need to get her to level 30, and she is only level 27 at the moment. I may not be ready in early January, with everything else I have going on right now.

Also, I expect to be out on Friday, as I'm having some surgery on my hand tomorrow. TBD on how long I'll be out of commission.

Back
Top Bottom