Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York - All Companions Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York has a trailer for all companions.

Vampire: The Masquerade - Coteries of New York coming December 11th 2019 to PC. Game presents the conflict between two vampiric factions: the traditionalist Camarilla and the fiercely independent Anarchs. It's a unique, atmospheric, single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
Coming December 11th 2019 to PC and Q1 2020 to Ps4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

I wasn't aware the game was going to have companions. Personally, I'd rather not have them in a game like this, but it seems like something they shoehorn into every title nowadays.

Are you by chance mistaking this title for Bloodlines 2? Because this is something different.

I've lost track of all the different Vampire games. Is there an overview somewhere?

So was I, but I wouldn't mind making myself a ghoul in the real game.

i look forward to this game. Can't wait to explore more juicy VtM lore!

I've lost track of all the different Vampire games. Is there an overview somewhere?

Coteries of New York (released Dec 11th) is a visual novel

Bloodline 2 is a first person RPG releasing sometimes next year (they just started a new ARG)

Swansong (release planned for 2021) is from the people who did The Council (Big Bad Wolf). You can read more about it here.

That's all the ones I know about.

Coteries of New York (released Dec 11th) is a visual novel

Bloodline 2 is a first person RPG releasing sometimes next year (they just started a new ARG)

Swansong (release planned for 2021) is from the people who did The Council (Big Bad Wolf). You can read more about it here.

That's all the ones I know about.
Thanks a lot.
I'm only interested in Bloodlines 2 then.
I don't like the The Council's concept of playing three characters.

Well playing VTM: Coteries of NY. It is a storybook with pictures and a sound track. The narratives of the game are organized around a map of New York that shows a day night cycle and there are nodes on the map that represent a particular narrative chain. So far the companions represent a particular node on the map but this may change as the story progresses. The player has a choice of 3 clans, Brujah, Ventrue and Toreador, their disciplines have some degree of overlap, I suspect presence and dominate, celerity and Potence one are used in similar ways, ie to resolve social and combat situations. The character avatar is fixed for each clan for the player, which I resent slightly as I would have preferred to have been able to choose the appearance of the character, or at least had more choice in this matter. The name Krzysztof Zięba shows up as designer and a writer, with a lot of Polish names in the credits section. The writing so far is quite good, no grammatical errors that I have noticed.

Thanks for the quick impressions, mat. Are you finding it pretty fun to play?

I am not sure its "fun", it is a lot of reading, but it is stylish, turning the lights off etc, to me it evokes memories of GMs & players and I'm interested in how the writers constructed the setting. I followed through the Malkavian & Nosferatu companion storylines but haven't followed through more vanilla Gangrel or Tremere storylines. I did complete the book in about three nights, probably spending a few hours each night. So it is not particularly long.

Back
Top Bottom