Atomic Heart - Announced for 2021

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Shooter-RPG Atomic Heart has been announced for 2021:

Atomic Heart

Atomic Heart is an action RPG game. The story is about all the things that could have happened in the reality of the USSR but didn't. Technical revolution has already occurred, robots, the Internet, holograms have already been invented, but all these innovations are immersed in the atmosphere of communism, imperialism and confrontation with the West.

The protagonist of the game, a Soviet Special Duty KGB officer, ends up at one of the Complexes of the Facility 3826 during a massive robot control system malfunction. The game world consists of huge open-world regions full of lush Soviet nature and less spacious territories of the Facility complexes with its secret underground and above-ground labs, bunkers and robotic logistics systems.

Most of the enemies are a variety of machines produced at the Facility. Each robot was originally made to serve the needs of the Soviet industry or to help Soviet citizens in a daily life. The robots are implemented with a combat program that should be activated in case of a war.

Preview by MathChief:

More information.

I never play these sorts of games, but I heartily recommend watching the trailer because Holy Mother of &*%! This game looks *wild*.

That looks good. Didn't show too much of the RPG parts in the video though.

I think anyone expecting heavy RPG elements is going to be disappointed. This looks more like a next-gen BioShock to me.

That's fine though. FPS are my next favorite genre, and the visuals here are amazing. I've already had this on my wish list for close to a year.

That looks good. Didn't show too much of the RPG parts in the video though.
Well simply because it's not an RPG. It's an first person game with RPG elements. I left out calling it an FPS as you can do more then shoot so yeah similar to BioShock.:nod:

Still what do I know as you can call anything an RPG nowadays.:roll:

Looks as nostory game to me adapted to mushrooms.
Skippin'.

The "goofiness factor" looks really high, to the point of turning me off. I wish they had just gone with a more straightforward game like - "you play as a KGB agent during the cold war period of the 1960s or 1970s", and you are tasked with finding and exposing traitors among the top Soviet elite scientists, or you are racing to get some advanced tech before the Americans get a hold of it, or there are many other spy/intrigue type plots that come to mind -- in other words a more realistic and believable type of plot/game.

That would also have been different, new and interesting for a FPS shooter.

The "goofiness factor" looks really high, to the point of turning me off. I wish they had just gone with a more straightforward game like - "you play as a KGB agent during the cold war period of the 1960s or 1970s", and you are tasked with finding and exposing traitors among the top Soviet elite scientists, or you are racing to get some advanced tech before the Americans get a hold of it, or there are many other spy/intrigue type plots that come to mind -- in other words a more realistic and believable type of plot/game.

That would also have been different, new and interesting for a FPS shooter.

That sounds quite boring to me, but to each his own.

Not sure where you're seeing goofiness here. I'm seeing an interesting alternate timeline with sci-fi elements.

Never heard of this game before but it looks stunning and brings both "Bioshock", "Prey" as well as "Singularity" to mind. If the game itself matches the eye-candy, then it will surely be a must-buy title.

Also, at least from my perspective, playing as a loyal kgb-agent, would be at least somewhat synonymous with "playing-as-a-bad-guy"...which is a nice change from the characters I mostly play.

Still better than current day Russia ;)

Back
Top Bottom