GreedFall 2 - Announced for 2024

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GreedFall 2 - The Dying World has been announced today. The successor of Greedfall will be released in 2024:

GreedFall 2 - The Dying World | Announcement Trailer

Continuing the winning formula from the first game, GreedFall 2 is an RPG that focuses on story and player choice, but with new gameplay features including more tactical combat.

Uprooted from the island of your birth, find your freedom by exploring the old continent and forging your destiny through alliances, scheming, and battle. It's up to you to end one man's ambitions of conquest, which could spell the end for the continent and your island.

GreedFall 2 - The Dying World is planned for release in 2024.
More information.

Interesting. I found Greedfall a bit lacking but thought it was still entertaining enough for 1 playthrough. Here's hoping all companions are well fleshed out (Kurt's story was great but Vasco's was too short etc) and they cut down on backtracking.

I'm also interested to see if they can build on what they did with Greedfall. It's a game that had all the right pieces but somehow it just wasn't a great game just merely good. Agree with the blob that they should focus on the companions. I'd also like the maps to be a bit more interesting! It felt like DA:I where the maps were pretty but they were very generic and you didn't feel like you were rewarded for exploring other than getting a tick for finding a quest objective.

I loved GF 1 but also agree with the points from Purple, Bjon, and others. Much as I loved the game, in my top 10 or so, it had flaws and issues. Would love more companion depth and detail (but then I *always* want that for any game), less backtracking, and … less reused assets for places like buildings.

My main problem is I don't like prequels. Just feels odd knowing what is coming I guess. That being said if done well I think I could get into it … especially as by that point I would be ready to play GF1 again. So wait and play GF2 then 1 and it might work out :)

I thought Greedfall was "ok", but I disagree that focusing more on the companions is what's needed.

I think they need to flesh out the game world more. Make exploration interesting. There was hardly anything to find on the maps other than enemies and scripted events.

I thought Greedfall was "ok", but I disagree that focusing more on the companions is what's needed.

I think they need to flesh out the game world more. Make exploration interesting. There was hardly anything to find on the maps other than enemies and scripted events.

For me, world building isn't just limited to exploration and I tend to like talking to companions and NPCs to learn about the world. So, I def want better fleshed out companions. But I also agree exploration need to be more interesting.

I was very interested in GreedFall as it was supposed to clone the BioWare formula and to a point it did. I just didn't like constant backtracking to the same areas.

Also at it's release I also could only play it for a few hours before I got motion sickness. This was due to the head bobbing mechanic and pov Spiders chose to implement.

They eventually patched in options to modify and turn it off.

Anyway this will a day one purchase for me.:)

I was very interested in GreedFall as it was supposed to clone the BioWare formula and to a point it did. I just didn't like constant backtracking to the same areas.

I didn't like that on their earlier game Mars War Logs. A whole lot of backtracking. I haven't played Greedfall yet. The last I played from Spiders was Bound By Flame. It was okay but nothing out of the ordinary. I really didn't care for the ending boss fight.

I didn't like that on their earlier game Mars War Logs. A whole lot of backtracking. I haven't played Greedfall yet. The last I played from Spiders was Bound By Flame. It was okay but nothing out of the ordinary. I really didn't care for the ending boss fight.
Ah..if I recall that ending it was basically a huge maze and you had to fight to many foes to reach that final boss. I did enjoy the two different endings based on ice and fire.

The backtracking got pretty horrible at times, all right. Plus, the battles were far too simple - I never even bothered to spend half my skill points playing on hard. Even in the first parts of the game, running away immediately heals your allies, making it easy to cheese the fights.

They sold a lot of copies of Greedfall, though, so hopefully they've got the cash to do the next game better. Greedfall had a great setting, and the story was mostly good.

Plus, the battles were far too simple - I never even bothered to spend half my skill points playing on hard.

Not true at all. Obviously you didn't play it til the end.

That depends on how they do it.
I didn't find any romanceable companion, but that doesn't mean that their questlines were bad. On the contrary. And there were enough moral choices to flesh it out.

Ok, that comes really unexpected. I should just try to stop to try to understand what Spiders actually wants. :D

Not true at all. Obviously you didn't play it til the end.
Excuse me? Yes I did. But I did drop the difficulty down for the very final boss. Pretty cheap of the game to take my team away and make me fight alone, if you ask me.

Normally, though, I just go in and do the area-freeze spell then pick them off one by one. Some would wake up before the fight was over, but by that point there were few enough that the battle wasn't hard. Bosses weren't affected, but I would just dodge/shoot/dodge/shoot and heal from time to time (or be healed by what's-her-name).

Back
Top Bottom