Fabled Lands - Full Release on May 26 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fabled Lands - Full Release on May 26

Default Fabled Lands - Full Release on May 26

May 20th, 2022, 12:34
Fabled Lands will leave Early Access next week:

FABLED LANDS IS LEAVING EARLY ACCESS MAY 26!

I'm incredibly excited to announce that Fabled Lands will be leaving Early Access on May 26th, 2022!

It's taken 3 years to get to this point, with 1 of those years in Early Access. Players who've been exploring their way through the Steam Early Access version of Fabled Lands will automatically gain access to the full game. The game will release simultaneously on Windows and MacOS.

Not only that, but the base game launches with a BIG content update
, chapter 5, The Court of Hidden Faces
, bringing new quests, achievements, encounters, enemies, items and more! It is a huge balance update so fresh heroes are recommended, although older saves will continue to function.

The game's final release wouldn't have been possible without the incredible contributions of our dedicated Early Access community. We've put our hearts into this adventure and it's been awesome getting so much support from players throughout this last critical year of development. We've made many changes during Fabled Land's journey in Early Access, and done our best to meaningfully integrate players' feedback and requests as we march toward the version 1.0 launch.

I can't wait to welcome you all to the epic adventures of the world of Fabled Lands next week! See you at the launch party!
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2022, 04:09
So according to this thread, Early Access was an adaptation of books 1, 2, & 4. When it leaves EA book 5 will also be included.

But they still plan to eventually release books 3, 6, and possibly 7 as DLC post-release.

I never read this gamebook series so I don't know how it works with the books, but apparently this game is structured like an open world RPG.

I tried it out a bit when a demo was available during one of those limited festivals and it seemed alright. Not anything I'm in a rush to play but I will wishlist it and grab on a sale perhaps.
Last edited by daveyd; May 22nd, 2022 at 05:50.

daveyd

Turn-based lifeform

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fabled Lands - Full Release on May 26