Personal things you don't need to know - Page 24 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Personal things you don't need to know

Default Personal things you don't need to know

May 20th, 2022, 15:38
I have some kind of "carry belt" at my work. I call it a "kangaroo bag", because it has a bag in which there are those essential things I need when I go out into the production hall.
Hanging on that belt is a second … what's the word … kind of a pocket for a cutting knife and a pen, which I need out there, too.

My most important keys are always attached to my trousers with a metal chain for more than 10 years now. Every time i need to wash my trousers, I take it away from the trousers and attach it on the new/fresh trousers. This way I have my keys always with me (most importantly the one for opening the house).

To work I always carry a backpack with many things within it, like an umbrella, breakfast, cell phone, camers, warm clothing in winter, and some band aid.

This behaviour comes from my youth, where I learned to always be prepared !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 20th, 2022, 16:00
I don't think @pibbuR thinks of himself as a 'stupid' 'idiot', imo it is just his way of presenting a story.

On a side note, it is sometimes done to ensure people are less prone to call you 'stupid' and the like, or that people will hopefully start to tell you otherwise ('Nooo, you are not stupid, do not think that low of yourself, you are an intelligent person!') I have grown allergic to people doing the latter, because my mum used to fish for compliments that way.
I don't get the impression @pibbuR is doing either btw.
--
Getting a YouTube video loaded and other BB codes, see this post

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)

May 20th, 2022, 16:09
Aristotle wrote:
"The more you know, the more you realize you don't know."
Definitely true for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aristotle.jpg (126.6 KB, 46 views)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
+1:

May 20th, 2022, 16:23
Yes, but realizing how little you know and saying/thinking you are stupid, an idiot, et cetera, do not go together in my experience. You are modest, but you do not lower yourself that way.

And I think, pibbuR, being a modest man, presenting stories in a certain way, like others would use parody for instance, might agree with me on that point.
--

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

May 20th, 2022, 16:50
Just to bounce off that, because I truly value well-learned people, and I feel pibbur is one of those people - Isaac Newton was one of the most brilliant minds in history, and he figured out the answer to questions that people didn't even know how to ask.

Just as well, a particle scientist may wonder why are there different generations of quarks, or why is the weak interaction between them so strange. Why does light behave like a wave but project itself like a particle when observed or experimented on. An ignorant person does not even know to ask these questions, or that such things even exist, living in the illusion that they have it all figured out.

Asking questions and accepting one's own ignorance in search of answers is the first and foremost indication of a brilliant mind.
--
Who am I? I am the only way the Universe has to feel, to dream, and to be aware of itself.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:

May 20th, 2022, 17:00
Originally Posted by Nereida View Post
Asking questions and accepting one's own ignorance in search of answers is the first and foremost indication of a brilliant mind.
Whst do you mean?
--

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

May 21st, 2022, 17:27
"The wise man knows that he doesn't know."
(Taken from SWTOR)
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 21st, 2022, 18:45
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Whst do you mean?
I'm in no way implying that thinking one's own opinion is the absolute truth is the dumbest way to approach any situation in life.
--
Who am I? I am the only way the Universe has to feel, to dream, and to be aware of itself.

Nereida

Fallen Aasimar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Personal things you don't need to know