MMO or Co-op brainstorm

bizorker

Sentinel
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hi Watch.

I have 2 other friends looking to take the edge off armageddon by playing some RPG or RPG-like games together online late evenings. Looking for suggestions from the Watch.

DDO and LOTRO too dated for this group. Otherwise DDO would be my top choice in terms of gameplay. But just too old for us now.

Tried Neverwinter last night and found it pretty bland. Anyone think we should tough it out and give more time?

Divinity Original Sin 2 would be great. But two of the players have finished multiple times. Same with DoS1.

Not really interested in hack-n-slash stuff like Diablo or similar.

Was looking at online version of Gloomhaven because we play that in person. But still early access and not really representative of the board game experience yet.

Thinking of trying Elder Scrolls Online.

Other recommendations welcome. No bad ideas in a brainstorm :)

Thanks!

Monster Hunter World
One of the best games ever. Action combat with a lot of depth.

For The King
It's a rogue-like "board game" for 3 players with Final Fantasy style combat. Lots of dice.

Heroes of Hammerwatch
Twin-stick style rogue-lite ARPG

Conquest of Elysium 4
Rogue-like strategy game. Good fun to play "clustered start" vs AI. (Pretty oldschool networking may require port forwarding, etc.)

I like For the King, it's pretty fun. Rule wise it's basically Arkham Horror...

If you are into Star Wars, you could try out SWTOR.
It has an "neverending war" setting, though.

I suggest not touching any of so called MMORPG, it's all worthless junk.
Go for other genres, MOBA for example: League of Legends.

To me personally, MOBA is worthless junk.
I'm sorry, but I had to say this.

Not an RPG, but I recommend Trackmania Nations Forever. I just finished a 5 hour session with my friends and boy does the time fly when you play it. It's one of those easy to learn, hard to master games and the real fun starts when you get into custom tracks.

DDO and LOTRO too dated for this group. Otherwise DDO would be my top choice in terms of gameplay. But just too old for us now.

FFXIV can be a lot of fun with a group. It's been a couple years since I played, but the latest expansion got very good reviews.

Back
Top Bottom