Loving it - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Loving it

Default Loving it Baldurs Gate 3

May 4th, 2022, 20:47
Being a long time everyone!!! hope you all are well.

All i can say is i forget if i am playing a larian game …..

It is like Divinity meets Pillars……

So dark and ….

50 hours in
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
Last edited by CelticFrost; May 5th, 2022 at 02:26.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#1

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 4th, 2022, 21:29
Welcome back, @CelticFrost.

I've played BG III for a couple of hours, but I'll wait for the release version now.
HiddenX is online now

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 15,567
Mentioned: 132 Post(s)

Default 

May 4th, 2022, 21:34
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Welcome back, @CelticFrost.

I've played BG III for a couple of hours, but I'll wait for the release version now.
Thank you for that Hidden,

Not trying to change your mind at all….and i hear you. Lots of great games to play or replay out there.

This feels finish, other then the camera at times. I am full invested now.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#3

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

May 4th, 2022, 22:45
It is a great game. I have over a 100 hours in the EA and can't wait for the official release! Not in any rush though, got plenty of things in life to keep me busy till it is out.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#4

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 3,423
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 00:15
It's great to hear all these impressions (that are spoiler free). Like HiddenX, I am also in the camp of waiting for release but because BG3 is one of my most anticipated titles of all time i'm pleased to hear positive feeback from trusted RPGWatch members.
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.
bjon045 is offline

bjon045

bjon045's Avatar
SasqWatch

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sigil
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 00:27
I've put a lot of time into the game, mainly trying different builds, but I've decided not to play it now until full release so that I don't get bored when that happens. Trying different builds is fun and you only need to play a couple of levels to get a feel for the build, so it's a worthwhile endeavour with so many good choices available!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch
Corwin is offline

Corwin

Corwin's Avatar
On The Razorblade of Life
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#6

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 12,780
Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:12
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
I've put a lot of time into the game, mainly trying different builds, but I've decided not to play it now until full release so that I don't get bored when that happens. Trying different builds is fun and you only need to play a couple of levels to get a feel for the build, so it's a worthwhile endeavour with so many good choices available!!
I am the same build since 1984, I have tried others and i just don't like them.
I am the avatar of U4.

Boring as it is I am always a male, fighter, two handed with compassion out the ……

I started over once, only because i didn't take the first part of the game seriously, big mistake, it is game on. No, hey we are going to easy you into this….as you don't have the option of story mode(you know what i mean)..you are just playing early access.

I am at level 4 now, ending the first chapter…
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#7

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:17
not that I didn't like the silliness of Divinity games..i have 100's of hours into them.

not that I didn't like the way Pillars game played, as they are ….so dark and real.

It seems this has it all…and if we are a a year away and it plays to me like a finished game all ready…WOW WOW WOW WOW.

GAME OF THE >>>>you have you choice on that

The physics in the game with, throw, shove, jump and dash…

GAME CHANGERS
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:20
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
It's great to hear all these impressions (that are spoiler free). Like HiddenX, I am also in the camp of waiting for release but because BG3 is one of my most anticipated titles of all time i'm pleased to hear positive feeback from trusted RPGWatch members.
The spoiler is…save up all the time off you can from what ever enslaves you to this world

so when this game comes out you can get lost in a world that we were meant to live in….
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#9

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:27
Welcome back bro. As for me I'm in the wait for release to play crowd. Hopefully by 2024.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Half Rotten Potato

#10

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spudlandia
Posts: 29,130
Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:35
Who wants puzzles?
If you don't, then don't bother with this game.

if you don't like, spend 4 hours in a small area…well go play something else.

For a person that hasn't posted here in for ever ……

I know…

I was bored the other day, winter is holding on hard here. The rains and winds off the ocean. So i figured…buy it. you are going to buy it an year anyways.
The first Pillars was so damm buggy you played it completely 3 times.

I know i am sounding like a complete Fan boy.

It is that good ….i see some of the area's for fill as i am playing.

WTF, if they do that, how long will this game be if you are aa completist like myself.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#11

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:37
Would you say it does a good job of capturing the spirit of BG2?
--
Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.
bjon045 is offline

bjon045

bjon045's Avatar
SasqWatch

#12

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sigil
Posts: 2,095
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:39
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Welcome back bro. As for me I'm in the wait for release to play crowd. Hopefully by 2024.

how the heck are you brother?

Good to see and hear from you.

Your world in the States…I know this isn't the place but wow. how are you holding up with all that stuff.

Thank god for this games…

Hey i am not a fan of watch people play nor a fan of dark souls games

But love watching people play that new one Elden Rings.
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#13

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 02:49
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Would you say it does a good job of capturing the spirit of BG2?
Well now!!!!!!!

That was not something I was thinking about while playing it.

It, might be the best thing i have ever played to be honest with you(first RP was U3) in 83.)


There is a feeling that your companions , are yours even if you might disagree with them. I already feel i am invested in this world and want to know more about it.

They need to have a better option from torch to weapon if that helps…

A simple side quest is ..

Yes, and if not Yes it is a world you want to be in

I think the physic in are just so game changing to me. To be able to shove in a fight…or set up in a fight.

I took on some level 4 at level 2…sure it took 5 hours and 100 reloads.

but was it worth it to find out how to beat them that way…
--
I can change almost anything… but I can't change human nature.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

SasqWatch

#14

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,380
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 11:12
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
not that I didn't like the silliness of Divinity games..i have 100's of hours into them.

not that I didn't like the way Pillars game played, as they are ….so dark and real.

It seems this has it all…and if we are a a year away and it plays to me like a finished game all ready…WOW WOW WOW WOW.

GAME OF THE >>>>you have you choice on that

The physics in the game with, throw, shove, jump and dash…

GAME CHANGERS
I played a few tens of hours last year, and I liked it a lot even though it's a limited experience with the level cap. Definitely looking forward to it.

I prefer not to compare to other BG games and see this as a new experience.

I liked the companions and their believable personality, the vast gorgeous world instead of separate small locations, the freedom given to the player to mess with the environment and to choose different approaches in actions, quests and dialogues.

The unclear tweaked D&D mechanics felt less appealing at first, but after a quick adaptation it was fine. I didn't like the UI, it's too messy and awkward to control for a game of this standing.

I don't care much for Larian's buffoonery but it was piped down a lot in BG3, wasn't it? Even if we've all seen the salami silliness. Old classic RPGs had that kind of stuff too, it's fine.

Yeah, it already did feel much like a finished game.
Redglyph is online now

Redglyph

Redglyph's Avatar
SasqWatch

#15

Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Good old Europe
Posts: 5,106
Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 11:16
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
Well now!!!!!!!

That was not something I was thinking about while playing it.

It, might be the best thing i have ever played to be honest with you(first RP was U3) in 83.)


There is a feeling that your companions , are yours even if you might disagree with them. I already feel i am invested in this world and want to know more about it.

They need to have a better option from torch to weapon if that helps…

A simple side quest is ..

Yes, and if not Yes it is a world you want to be in

I think the physic in are just so game changing to me. To be able to shove in a fight…or set up in a fight.

I took on some level 4 at level 2…sure it took 5 hours and 100 reloads.

but was it worth it to find out how to beat them that way…
Hahaha, sounds like you're having a blast.

I'm with Corwin. I played this for about 20 hours and will wait now. But I found it to be a lot of fun.
Last edited by Pladio; May 6th, 2022 at 07:29. Reason: 20 hours - not 2p
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#16

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,047
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 18:00
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Welcome back bro. As for me I'm in the wait for release to play crowd. Hopefully by 2024.
That would be perfect. I will retire in 2024 so I can make BG3 my new day job then…
bkrueger is offline

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

#17

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,248
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Default 

May 5th, 2022, 19:17
Originally Posted by bkrueger View Post
That would be perfect. I will retire in 2024 so I can make BG3 my new day job then…
You'll need a man cave and twelve months of supplies good luck.

Larian claims 2023 is the target release now but my spider-sense says not till 2024.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”
Couchpotato is offline

Couchpotato

Couchpotato's Avatar
Half Rotten Potato

#18

Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Spudlandia
Posts: 29,130
Mentioned: 167 Post(s)

Default 

May 6th, 2022, 07:30
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
You'll need a man cave and twelve months of supplies good luck.

Larian claims 2023 is the target release now but my spider-sense says not till 2024.
I believe it is more likely they release in 2023 and add DLC and then an Enhanced Edition in 2024/2025.
This way they will not have lied, and can still be in EA in earnest.
Pladio is offline

Pladio

Pladio's Avatar
Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

#19

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 8,047
Mentioned: 83 Post(s)

Default 

May 8th, 2022, 21:54
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
So dark and ….
… I don't like dark games … Makes me wonder if I'll ever play it …

Hello, nevertheless.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

#20

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 20,873
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Larian Studios » Baldur's Gate III » Loving it
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:25.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch