Why is RPGamer getting more updates than here?

darklord

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Hey Guys,

Sorry if this has been adressed elsewhere but I've noted RPGDot is now getting more updates than here. For example FF12 review was noted on RPGDot but not here, there were 10 updates there yesterday. (compared to 6 here)

Just a little bit confused...

Daniel.

Edit, DOH sorry I meant RPGDot of course! (sorry)

They have their own newsteam now.

FF XII - why would a site based on cRPG's care about a PS2 game? ;)

The 'c' might as well stand for 'console'!

You didn't mention they didn't cover any indie releases such as Eschalon or Mount&Blade. Also, the Gothic 3 review at Jolt and the NWN2 review at GameSpy are both old news that we had previously covered at least several days before. ;)

That left a NWN2 review (Gamernode) that we hadn't spotted (fair enough - good on them) and a couple of items we don't cover, such as console-only JRPGs like FFXII and a DS handheld item. If our audience thinks we should cover those games we'll look at the situation but every poll in the past (at RPGDot, obviously) has been dominated by PC-only coverage.

If you honestly think RPGDot's coverage is better. let us know how and why and we will try to fix it...but I'm pretty sure we're doing OK.

Eragon DS screens ... that is pretty far afield ...

If you honestly think RPGDot's coverage is better. let us know how and why and we will try to fix it...but I'm pretty sure we're doing OK.

No no, not at all! I just thought you were still doing both sites.

I wasn't aware RPGWatch wasn't reporting on console RPG's, that a real shame, I liked being able to come to one place for ALL the RPG news.

Cheers,

Daniel.

I wasn't aware RPGWatch wasn't reporting on console RPG's, that a real shame, I liked being able to come to one place for ALL the RPG news.
If you want console coverage, then definitely spend some time at RPGamer - those guys have loads of stuff they look at in terms of jRPG's, and they are very knowledgeable.

No no, not at all! I just thought you were still doing both sites.

Cheers,

Daniel.

No problem. :) They are off and running on their own, now. We've been doing this for quite a few years, so while we will be beaten to press from time to time, I can promise we will always be there at the end of the day.

As for console JRPGs, we used to do a half-hearted job with a couple of high profile titles (Final Fantasy and a couple of others) but it was a pretty ordinary job. We had some discussions and held a few polls and decided to draw a line between "western" RPGs and JRPGs, which we stopped covering a couple of years ago. Most western RPGs come out on PC and that is our core market and expertise.

Thank God it's somebody's core market!

Nothing whatsoever against consoles--just don't have one.:)

I liked some of the news, Eschalon Book 1, 9 news screens, at least on the funny side. Though, there is still place for more nails on the coffin ...

If you haven't checked it out,there's a lot of good "console vs pc" observations in the "Is PC Gaming Dying" thread, Roi Danton--and a lot of support for pc gaming.

What I really got on to comment about was to once again thank the rpgwatch people for starting this site.
I went over to RPGDot to check the games database, and I'd forgotten how apallingly unpleasant it has gotten--only 4 results per page, and carry all the sidebars and ads with you everywhere, plus that green and yellow print thing---so anyway
Thanks again! And hopefully the games database can migrate this way someday.

Myrthos is in the process of doing that, but I believe he's planning to make it more 'user friendly'. Stay tuned!! :)

Back
Top Bottom