The Witcher - Patch and Demo News

Good news, looking forward to that patch, not going to bother continue playing it until then (I get like 20-30 seconds loading times every time it load a large area) ...and I'm really looking forward to keep playing it. :)

What do you mean by the demo and editor appearance though?

Very good news--just in time for my second playthrough. :)

Any word on compatibility between the patch and saved games?

Some features (they don't know which yet) might not work if you don't restart. I think I read it somewhere on The Witcher forums.

Does the editor allow you to create quests and new lands (landscape)? I am just wondering how in depth it is.

I'm pretty sure it does- it would be pretty useless if it didn't have the ability to create maps and quests. Time will tell, but Michal Kicinski said:
...we are planning to release a toolset and demo soon. And what is even more important is that along with a toolset, or soon after its release, we will provide players with new adventures, developed using the toolset. For now we are already working on one adventure that will be free for all registered users of the game. I think — and hope — that our post-release support will help The Witcher become even more popular for a longer period of time....
...We are customizing the toolset so that it can be used by gamers and not only professionals. Of course, even after this procedure, creating your own adventures will be a difficult task, but I think that many people will accept this challenge, as the end result may be really impressive

Patch me! :biggrin:

Damn, I can't believe it's taking this long. :(
I see it as a huge mistake, they are not relying on the community more, CD Projekt could/should have released a beta patch to get help testing, I know I would help.

Lol, omg!
Thanks Brother None. :biggrin:
I know what I will be playing today. ;)

Damn, seems all that messing with the English language to get more text is conflicting with the patch, it keeps telling me English is not the correct language of my install, time for a reinstall. :(

Patch 1.2 Major Fixes
======================================================

Gameplay and text bugs fixed:
- Fixes for Alina not being at her home when she should (Act 4).
- Wife's Tears Potion fixes.
- Fixes for usable doors on the swamps (Act 5).
- Fixes for Alchemist in manufacture giving quest items to Geralt (Act 3).
- Fixes for some items to be found in Fields (Act 4).
- Fixes for a disappearing enemy in quest Haunted House (Act2).
- Fixed problems with Alvin's spawn (Act 1).
- Few minor text fixes for all languages.

Code bugs fixed:
- Loading times are much faster!
- Saving is much faster!
- Another portion of stability improvements.
- Fix for rare "red rectangle" effect on loading bar.
- Quest tracking fixes.
- Some cursor fixes connected with finishers in tight places.
- Quest now won't update when Geralt is dead causing multiple problems.
- Autosave mechanism fixes (numeration).
- Savegame files fixes – some irrelevant information was sometimes generated inside.
- The game won't make an autosave if Geralt has an effect preventing him from talking (like knockdown, stun, push) - the result would be no talking at all for the rest of the game.
- Now you can't attack neutral NPCs if you input the second (etc.) sword sequence in them, while first attacking a hostile.
- Dandelion's music won't be 'echoed' while changing location twice.
- The game can handle broken savegames now – it returns to main menu.
- Motion blur effect won't stay active despite Blizzard potion wearing off – drinking, then changing location, then cutscene.
- Final fixes for weapons disappearing from enemies’ hands.
- Grass and small stones being multiplied – fixed.
- Fixes for receiving damage from Striga while being far away.

Art bugs fixed:
- Few level decoration fixes.
- Fixes for barghest attack animation

Ok once again YEEEEE HAAAAAA,
now I only have to wait 3 hours for it to download....a bit slooww but to be expected. Everybody and their mother is downloading this right now.

Anyone experiencing the error, it's the Registry setting not the Witcher.ini, so if you set it to 1 you need to set it back to 3. :)

Back
Top Bottom