Return of the Daily Smile

Uh. Very strange, but also very true (from a geology perspective ( I had studied that in the 90s ).

Perhaps that's why I like collecting stones ? Especially at river banks ?
I keep them at home, though.
Maybe they get into that cycle again at a different point, then, after my death …
I did collect stones as a boy (8-10 years old). Even saved all my weekly allowance to buy a book about rocks.

pibbur wo thinks that's one of the things it might be fun to revisit when he retires.

I did collect stones as a boy (8-10 years old). Even saved all my weekly allowance to buy a book about rocks.

pibbur wo thinks that's one of the things it might be fun to revisit when he retires.

You can add this to the 'why you're a nerd thread' :p

lol, true :D

"There are many kinds of nerds." ;)

Hey, I remember when having a Pet Rock was the IN thing!! :)

Ah the memories of the pet rock.:sniff:

selection_effect.png

pibbur who, AFAHK, has never been part of a scientific study, and who has only once called the police, for a completely different reason - to report his car being stolen (it wasn't)

PS. BTW, once in the Berlin Zoo, I witnessed a tiny baboonish youngster playing with a rock, systematically pushing it around on the ground. It got very annoyed (it seemed although I'm not up-to-date about emotional expressions of baboonoids) when other monkeys tried to take it from him. DS.

EA headlines that were proved wrong.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Reminds me of an ugly episode of my own life :

One day, after playing too long a game, I looked out of the house window, saw the sky, houses across the street, the few trees, the birds, and suddenly thought : "What is the screen refresh rate of Reality ?" Then I instantly knew I had to shut down my PC.

Really happened ! I didn't make this up !

One day, after playing too long a game, I looked out of the house window, saw the sky, (..)
Classic --

Q: What are the arch enemies of gamers*?
A: Sunlight, fresh air and the insufferable roaring of birds.

* also applies to programmers, night owls, etc.

Yes, that's true ! :lol:

Saints Row 4 & Donald Trump fit especially the games prologue.

ug1u3wgy8bxx.jpg

7jr1vwxOMjCei3WObGs6xzvmFyDU0i-i16tQd2n03wo.jpg

Reminds me of an ugly episode of my own life :

One day, after playing too long a game, I looked out of the house window, saw the sky, houses across the street, the few trees, the birds, and suddenly thought : "What is the screen refresh rate of Reality ?" Then I instantly knew I had to shut down my PC.

Really happened ! I didn't make this up !

I regularly, to some degree, have the same feeling. Don't shut my PC down, though.

pibbur whose refresh rate is 1/day (exercising).

Back
Top Bottom