Rage 2 - Release on May 14

I watched some reviews, looks pretty boring to me. Funny, but both video reviews I watched basically ended up recommending it, but noted some flaws and problems, that to me are very off-putting.

I'm also starting to suspect one of my favorite youtube reviewers, well, he was pointing out all these issues, (at one point he even calls the game "ugly" in terms of its graphics) and then says at the end - "but the game is still fun, get it!" - that made me think maybe this guy is paid off or something. Sorry to say, but this review was pretty shady that way, I thought.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVdjRj94o_Y

ACG is usually more on "positive side" with his reviews, and I always agree with him, but he always does pretty exhaustive, comprehensive reviews. ( Especially on visuals/audio/tech).
Game as a whole seems like a lot better than classic Bethesda game/Far Cry...run around and waste everything, but with a lot better gameplay.

ACG is usually more on "positive side" with his reviews, and I always agree with him, but he always does pretty exhaustive, comprehensive reviews. ( Especially on visuals/audio/tech).
Game as a whole seems like a lot better than classic Bethesda game/Far Cry…run around and waste everything, but with a lot better gameplay.

Yea, like I said, I have watched a ton of his reviews. But this is the first time I felt something fishy was going on. Like, almost the whole lengthy 19 minute review, ACG is pointing out all these flaws and things he says were badly done (like voice acting, graphics, AI and story) and then at the end, he all of a sudden says the game is a "blast" and everyone should go buy it. Hmmmmm…ok.

I will be paying closer attention to his reviews to see if I see more of this in the future. I also think its a cop-out that he always says at the end, "I always buy the games regardless if the developer gives me a key" - what an interesting thing to say. As if that instantly makes it so we have to have full confidence in his reviews, and he is not influenced by developers giving him free early copies of games.

Kinda like Fox news when they had a saying they always repeated-
"Fair and balanced" Uh-huh, sure.

Back
Top Bottom