Yakuza Kiwami - Release Date Revealed

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Last edited:
I'm more excited about that one than on today's 11 RPGmyarse list.

I'm 90 minutes in to Yakuza 0. 15 of that was spent trying to figure out how to save and quit! Hopefully they will do a tad more with the menus this time around.

There is save anywhere option in ini files. It was the first thing I enabled while playing the game.
Later I've read it got disabled via some patch but can't confirm it. If that's true, phonebooth then quit.

But anyway, hidden save anywhere in a config file instead enabled by default plus mushrooms idiocy eventually made me not voting for it during watch's 2018 goty poll. Additionally, removal of cigarette from the physical cover rerelease was a huge disappointment. Who are they censoring it for - ingame characters smoke more than me.
In some other year I would probably still vote, but there were (at least) three awsome games in 2018 that didn't advertise plastic garbage and didn't have outdated checkpoint design integrated.

That's got to be something they overlooked, at least I hope it is. If this was just released it might have a few patches incoming soonish.
Sega has a bad track record with porting PC controls. They even posted a whole update on steam saying a controller is the correct way to play the game. Just ask Joxer.:p

Last edited:
Not quite as good as Yakuza 0 counts as pretty high praise in my book.

Gave this a brief shot and it's pretty terrible and I think I can predict exactly what happens in the game :)

I wonder what could that possibly be.
IIRC you refused to play Y0 so there is no way you can predict that everyone, except MCs, is pervy in those games.

It's a Japanese game, meaning something terrible will happen to innocent girls and honor will play a very big part of it. I'm guessing the main protagonist is super honorable.

The rest is just variables.

As for the gameplay, I found it utterly terrible and click-festy. To each his own, though.

I played the original PS2 version many years ago. It's the usual gangster story of love, betrayal, and vengeance just set in Japan, hence the games name Yakuza.:biggrin:

I played the original PS2 version many years ago. It's the usual gangster story of love, betrayal, and vengeance just set in Japan, hence the games name Yakuza.:biggrin:

Exactly :)

Which wouldn't be such a bad thing except for the gameplay part.

If you want something like that done right, go play Mafia.

Mafia? The stupefying formula racing game? I'd rather die.

There is no "exactly". I said the game is about pervs. Nothing more and nothing less. There is no love, no betrayal, no vengeance and no gangsters. Only pervs.
That's why I loved Y0 and am on the fence on buying Kiwami - seems Kiwami has even more horrible k+m support than Y0 had.

Joxer must be playing the game wrong then as I wont go into plot spoilers.

Errr... Yea, I'm playing with k+m. That's wrong. :D

Nope I'm talking about the pervs comment. It's just side activities but they are not tied to the plot, and yes Japanese men and women actually use legal host services.

This game is basically about an ex-Yakuza Captain who took the blame for his friend. He gets released and finds his life is ruined, and a bunch of other shit happens.

Back
Top Bottom