Kingmaker Varnhold's Lot (2nd) DLC coming out on Feb 28

Pathfinder: Kingmaker
P

purpleblob

Pathfinder: Kingmaker's second DLC will be out on Thursday, February 28 :)

Pathfinder: Kingmaker's second DLC - "Varnhold's Lot" - will be released on February 28th. Don't miss the chance to experience Maegar Varn's vast and valorous story!

52807453_1063377847182594_5280599708463529984_n.jpg

How big will the file size be? As I don't relish re-downloading the GOG version again.

Not sure Couch >.> Owlcats haven't revealed much info yet - I'm still unsure how this DLC will be triggered!! Like, is this separate to the main game, if so, how do we start a new game for this etc.

Yep, I'm downloading it now :)

Turns out you don't have to restart the game to import outcomes from Varnhold's Lot into the main game:

To start Varnhold's lot:
Go to main menu, press new game and start it as a different module than main campaign and then import the result onto a save.

You choose in the main menu whether you want to play the main campaign or the DLC.

Once you've finished the DLC at least once, the game remembers this fact. From now on, when you are playing the main campaign, a window will pop up once you've reached a certain point in the story and ask you to choose which DLC result you'd like to import (in case you've completed the DLC 18 times, for example).

Once you choose a result to import or decline to import, the decision is PERMANENT for this save file and all later ones that "stem" from this one. If you load an earlier save file, the game will prompt you to choose again. You can import the same DLC result onto as many main campaigns as you'd like (of course, most of you have at least 29 concurrent playthroughs, I assume).

Interesting.

You start off the Varnhold's Lot as level 5, as one of Maegar Varn's companion. The DLC begins with ceremony where you (in the main game) and Maegar are both given the title of Baron/ess.

Will give you guys more update as I progress :)

Its very linear but I'm enjoying it so far - in this DLC, you can't freely roam the world map, the game navigates your party.

I rolled Inquisitor this time and got following companions:
Rogue (Maegar), wizard (Cephal Lorentus), Scaled Fist (Monk), Herald Caller (Priest), Freebooter (Ranger).

I'm playing female human and there is a romance plot with Maegar lol. Didn't expect this.

Ouch it's another GOG 5+GB patch. Patching this game is a pain in the a**.:(

Aww that sucks, Couch :(
The funny thing is the actual DLC file is only a few MB's but they decided to include most of the DLC content with the 5+GB patch instead. The DLC file download only unlocks it.

I don't know how steam patched the game as I have the GOG version. Anyway thanks for the early impression of the Varnhold's Lot DLC. I'll try to play some of it this week.

I already finished the "new game" portion of the DLC lol. It took me roughly about 6 hours. I don't think I finished all available quest so I intend to go back to it again sometime - not going to import this one to the main game :p

Overall… a little disappointed. It was quite different to what I expected.. I was hoping it will show what happens once:

Maegar Varn and his subjects are abducted by Vordakai

But that wasn't the case. Well, I know the DLC adds new mission/area in the main game once it is imported - so I suppose I still need to experience that before I can really comment on the DLC :p

Oh, and the companions in this DLC sucks - didn't like them at all. No personality/dialogues and strange stats/classes.

They also take away your party members as you progress, so you finish the "new game" portion with only 4 companions.

Last edited:
I quite liked the dlc. The first few areas were so-so, but the dungeon crawl that followed was lots of fun. Couldn't stop playing once the party went in. :)

My only pet peeve is that, even though the PC is not the leader this time and you get to make your own party, they still won't accompany you to the important events in the city. I've played it with a dwarven empyreal sorceress and she failed all of the diplomacy checks there. A very convincing general she was not, lol.

Fun fact: one of the fortune tellings my sorceress got from Ignash contained some veiled spoilers for the ending.

Back
Top Bottom