Oblivion 2016 graphics showcase - 10 years of Oblivion - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » The Elder Scrolls I - IV » Oblivion 2016 graphics showcase - 10 years of Oblivion

Default Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion - Graphics

March 24th, 2016, 02:59
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47591/ followed this list (its mostly about graphics)

And if you want it with videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHLBtq_TJiU there are like 12-13 videos but its easy once you get the hang of it
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile
Last edited by porcozaur; April 12th, 2018 at 17:02.

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
+1:

March 24th, 2016, 04:33
As maligned as it is by some it's still a good game, especially once modded (meaning not just graphics). I'm 50 hours into Dragon's Dogma at the moment for example and whilst it's a great game in many respects I do feel somewhat limited for character/situational options when I compare it to Oblivion. I suppose this might be down to it being a console to PC port whereas Oblivion was the other way wasn't it?
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

March 24th, 2016, 04:42
I never finished Oblivion, because the level scaling really spoilt it for me. But, in many ways I loved it, and I think it had a certain charm that Skyrim was missing.

I might look into a mega-modded setup, overhaul the scaling, and pimp the graphics. Thanks for the video.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)

March 24th, 2016, 05:11
Originally Posted by kaos_war_monk View Post
I'm 50 hours into Dragon's Dogma at the moment for example and whilst it's a great game in many respects I do feel somewhat limited for character/situational options when I compare it to Oblivion. I suppose this might be down to it being a console to PC port whereas Oblivion was the other way wasn't it?
Nah, Oblivion was definitely developed with consoles in mind. I just think those are very different games to compare. Dragon's Dogma wasn't designed to have much depth outside of combat and the pawn system.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)

December 6th, 2016, 01:05
I show the game in 4K with graphics enhancements and many great mods on my YouTube channel. Skip ahead a few episodes and you'll see things like an expanded Imperial City and more.

Deleted User

Mentioned: Post(s)

April 10th, 2018, 23:05
Just started to play this heavily moded

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/47591/ followed this list (its mostly about graphics)

And if you want it with videos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHLBtq_TJiU there are like 12-13 videos but its easy once you get the hang of it

Played for about 7-8h, no crashes yet so the guide is good.
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

April 11th, 2018, 00:32
Looks very pretty. Ya I still enjoy OB from time to time. I didn't for a long time. I'd modded it with FCOM and found playing a real chore - my specific setup had ended up with many more mobs and very brutal combat. After blowing that install away and taking a more considered approach instead of blindly overhauling everything I settled on a setup that I really enjoyed. As much as some seem to dislike them I think it's a credit to Bethesda that they produced a game that lets you mold it to such a degree. If you can take the time you can make it fit your personal tastes.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 11th, 2018, 01:29
It looks nice, but that's a lot of work. Is there no all-in-one package for Oblivion like MGSO for Morrowind?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 11th, 2018, 07:32
No, since it requires several programs to install mods; plus the size of the game, vanilla is under 6GB i think, now with these mods i see its 38GB; it takes some hours but its easy. You need to watch the first video to learn how to use the main programs and the 2nd to learn how to install the mods, after that its easy, just follow the written guide, no need for videos anymore.

But if you want to play it, its worth it, game looks very good even without the enb.
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

April 11th, 2018, 15:03
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
No, since it requires several programs to install mods; plus the size of the game, vanilla is under 6GB i think, now with these mods i see its 38GB; it takes some hours but its easy. You need to watch the first video to learn how to use the main programs and the 2nd to learn how to install the mods, after that its easy, just follow the written guide, no need for videos anymore.

But if you want to play it, its worth it, game looks very good even without the enb.
Quick questions here

1) What's the ENB you're using ?

2) Are you (or anyone else here) using FCOM mod? Or OOO, at least? If so, do they conflict with the list you posted? Is FCOM mod still the same it was years ago (was it updated? etc)

I miss playing Oblivion, a game I never finished because of some bugs (artifacting) probably due to mods I was using back then and also because I was mounting a new PC at that time, and I got distracted by something else…
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

April 11th, 2018, 15:32
Im using this https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/m…ab=description , looks more oblivion like
I dont use fcom or ooo
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

April 11th, 2018, 17:54
So you're only using graphics mods? Nothing to tweak the level-scaling?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 11th, 2018, 19:36
Well, that guide is called Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion - Graphics
There is a section there More mods that contains more than graphic mods but didnt installed them
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

April 11th, 2018, 19:50
I'm just a little surprised to see someone here playing it without doing anything to adjust the scaling. I consider Oblivion almost unplayable with the default level-scaling.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

April 11th, 2018, 23:26
I really enjoyed Oblivion, perhaps more than most here. But admittedly, the leveling system is my biggest complaint and is the sole reason I hardly ever revisit Oblivion. I stand by JDR's statement. I simply cannot enjoy it in vanilla form.

However, I do believe the game is still gorgeous and was ahead of its time back in 2006. There's a sort of calmness to exploring Cyrodiil, no matter where you go.
--
~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Sentinel

April 12th, 2018, 01:08
If you're going to play without modding the scaling, just make sure to level up as a combat build, or you'll probably have a frustrating time. I leveled up as a thief-type character, and then got thoroughly pissed off as combat against standard opponents found me progressively weaker.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

April 12th, 2018, 08:44
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45534/ level scaling
https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/35333/? level up

installed these
--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

April 12th, 2018, 15:16
Faces seemed to be missing in those vids. That's where Oblivion looked bad.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)

April 12th, 2018, 16:57
No problem with faces here, they look quite good imo, facial expressions too

--
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

+1:

April 12th, 2018, 20:38
Certainly looking good.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » The Elder Scrolls I - IV » Oblivion 2016 graphics showcase - 10 years of Oblivion