|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…

Default Things you don't need to know…

December 13th, 2018, 00:59
I'm leaving the watch. Strictly personal reason, nothing to do with the watch or the watchers.

pibbur
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 01:02
I'm very sad to hear that Pibs; you will be greatly missed!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 01:11
Me too, very sorry to see you go.

Hurls

Non-twitch gamer
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 01:18
I’ll miss you and will be thinking of you regularly.
Give my love to your wife, dear pibbur.
I wish you nothing but the best.

xxx
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 01:19
I will miss you pibbur!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 10:32
Terrible news. It won't be the same without pibbur who.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 11:34
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
I'm leaving the watch. Strictly personal reason, nothing to do with the watch or the watchers.

pibbur
I hope all is well.

Will miss you around here!

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

December 13th, 2018, 21:07
Good luck on the outside !
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 16th, 2018, 15:33
Oh .
All the best to you, pibbur!
--
ESO-playing machine

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

Play nice.©
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

December 19th, 2018, 14:50
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
I hope all is well.
As a matter of fact, it's not. I'm down in yet another depression episode. It's not my worst episode, but I'm still overwhelmed by the intense, penetrating feeling of general sadness. And this time I succumbed to one of the self-destructive impulses: removing myself from the watch, a place that I really like.

I've done that before. Whenever I go down I repeatedly attack myself with negative suggestions/imperatives, that's part of the game. I think "pibbur who" is my fifth pibbur on the watch. However, unlike the others, not sure why, "pibbur who" has survived for a very long time. Until now. And unlike the others, I couldn't find a way to delete mr. who on my own. So "pibbur who" is still there, dormant but not dead.

My main reason for leaving the watch was to punish myself. Not particularly rational, but, on the bright side, not necessarily very permanent either. I will come up again, and by that time the urge to leave will be - still present, but much weaker. In other words, some time during 2019 I may return (no promises).

Very sorry about the drama.

pibbur who is embarassed.

PS. I haven't asked Myrthos to kill mr who, and at the moment I don't feel a strong urge to do that. DS.
--
d++a63e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

1. The cat is alive! And pissed!!!
2. It's been 82 years. The cat is dead, and the stench is unbearable!!!

pibbur who

Number 14
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 19th, 2018, 15:59
Please, pibbur, don’t be embarassed. I’m sure I speak for many when I say we feel nothing but warmth when we see you. Know that you are always welcome.
And that we like this update, despite the news not being good - please, do check in again for another update, or just a short hi - if you are feeling up to it, in 2019, 2020, no matter when.

I am glad you did not ask Myrthos to delete your account, a retreat, a break, is a better solution. Yes, you’ll be back.
I hope (new?) medication will give you some support to get up each morning and help you get through the day.
If there is anything I can do, don’t hesitate to ask.
Long hug.
--
It's not what you say - it is the way you say it.
Lovely 2 minute video: 'Change your words, change your world'
Last edited by Eye; December 19th, 2018 at 18:05. Reason: Grammar

Eye

Eye Watch
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

December 19th, 2018, 20:05
Pibbur I can only imagine what you are going through, but please seek some help, rather than punishment. Hope you feel better soon!

Thrasher

Wheeee!

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

December 20th, 2018, 00:52
Pibs, perhaps the answer is a long visit Down Under, where the fear and terror will sustain you and take your mind on a different journey!!
--
If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

December 20th, 2018, 15:18
I look forward already to your glorious return, Pibbur. We all know who you are, a great presence that will be missed. I hope you find the relief you seek, when I get melancholy I try to spend more time outdoors, perhaps finding an outlet for the sadness would be of some help. Be well, and above all else, be kind to yourself.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

December 20th, 2018, 22:40
I can sympathize and understand what pibbur is going through as this happened to me twice on this site before. Once when I was news-editor and almost two months back.

Like Eye said take all the time you need as I was gone a whole year.
--
"Not every game is crap, but most of them are. I said it so it's true." - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.
Last edited by Couchpotato; December 23rd, 2018 at 23:02.

Couchpotato

Grumpy Potato

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)

December 22nd, 2018, 15:09
@Pibbur : Depression is something normal in winter. Make yourself comfortable, and leave everything that creates a nbad feeling within you behind you. There are for sure ways to make oneself feel good, even if it is only a walk or a hot cup of coffee, or a book.
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 23rd, 2018, 18:46
Originally Posted by pibbur who View Post
As a matter of fact, it's not. I'm down in yet another depression episode. It's not my worst episode, but I'm still overwhelmed by the intense, penetrating feeling of general sadness. And this time I succumbed to one of the self-destructive impulses: removing myself from the watch, a place that I really like.

I've done that before. Whenever I go down I repeatedly attack myself with negative suggestions/imperatives, that's part of the game. I think "pibbur who" is my fifth pibbur on the watch. However, unlike the others, not sure why, "pibbur who" has survived for a very long time. Until now. And unlike the others, I couldn't find a way to delete mr. who on my own. So "pibbur who" is still there, dormant but not dead.

My main reason for leaving the watch was to punish myself. Not particularly rational, but, on the bright side, not necessarily very permanent either. I will come up again, and by that time the urge to leave will be - still present, but much weaker. In other words, some time during 2019 I may return (no promises).

Very sorry about the drama.

pibbur who is embarassed.

PS. I haven't asked Myrthos to kill mr who, and at the moment I don't feel a strong urge to do that. DS.
I'm very sorry to hear that. I've had a few bouts of depression myself - though probably not quite as severe.

The last couple of times, I've managed to curtail the consequences relatively effectively by simply not catastrophizing. It's the same technique I use for anxiety.

It's not pleasant and it's not a magical cure. But it works - and as long as you don't isolate yourself indefinitely, it WILL turn around - and you will eventually see the "point" in going on.

I promise.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

December 25th, 2018, 14:51
Sometimes, I just think : "What were the developers thinking ???"

Here I have a file called "SURVEY_PROGRAM_WINDOWS_ENGLISH.EXE and when I look at "Details" of the file, I see the version number 0.6.6.6
The internal name is just displayed as SURVEY PROGRAM

I don't remember anymore where I have this from (it's located under "downloads" now), but I'm going to delete that. Even although my virus scanners don't see anything in that. But - they also don't see anything suspicious with the almost 3 MB of spam mail I had also uploaded into VirusTotal. Even although my senses (trained by reading IT magazines) tells me with every cell of my organism : "THIS IS BOGUS !!!!!!"

Edit . VirusTotal tells me under one tab that this is apparingly the installation program for a game related to Undertale, and yes, I do remember downloading it now : It's supposed to be called "Deltarune".
There are even a few comments regarding that program.

But even now, I do wonder what the developer was thinking with THAT ?????

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5…is/1545647239/
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 28th, 2018, 22:12
I just noticed that you can sort games, links, whatever by commentary as well. It's well hidden, though : The "sort by" funtion has a "more …" at its very end, and there, you can select things you may want for sorting …

However, I just found this as the "commentary" of Tropico 4 Gold :

The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers - and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges.
Other comments aren't that elaborated …

Executables could also have a "comments" section, if you looked with the "details" tab at them. However, I haven't found anything useful there anymore in ages …

The most hilarious commentary I had found in an executable file was the one for the old main PS:T program, but I don't remember it anymore …
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

December 29th, 2018, 11:54
You might recognize some of them : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadar#Gallery
--

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Things you don't need to know…