NWN - Enhanced Edition Coming Soon

That doesn't really explain why you care so much. Have you considered that there's a reason you keep looking for an answer to this exact question every single chance you get?

That curiousity must have a source :)

How much do you think I care , I’ve asked one question that I haven’t felt I’ve received an answer for so it wouldn’t be rocket science to figure I’d ask it again.

Your the one who’s posted largely the same thing worded differently for 12 pages now, maybe you should turn your question to yourself to obtain a little self awareness and incite.

How much do you think I care , I’ve asked one question that I haven’t felt I’ve received an answer for so it wouldn’t be rocket science to figure I’d ask it again.

Your the one who’s posted largely the same thing worded differently for 12 pages now, maybe you should turn your question to yourself to obtain a little self awareness and incite.

The difference is that I'm generally responding to people who're asking me questions.

Not sure why this is a competition now. It's just that I've seen you ask why people care about fair trades and deals about a dozen times.

So, I have to say it seems you care a whole lot. Especially since people have explained it time and time again. Some of us actually think there's more to it than supply and demand.

Certainly, you seem to care more than most people care about this EE - even if they dare think it's a cash-grab.

The difference is that I'm generally responding to people who're asking me questions.

Not sure why this is a competition now. It's just that I've seen you ask why people care about fair trades and deals about a dozen times.

So, I have to say it seems you care a whole lot. Especially since people have explained it time and time again. Some of us actually think there's more to it than supply and demand.

Certainly, you seem to care more than most people care about this EE - even if they dare think it's a cash-grab.

Well that was useless and pretty much what you said in your last post.

You could have just answered my question, which you claim to be doing for others for 12 pages.

Only I know how much I care no matter how much you want to tell me. I suppose it’s possible that my one question in this thread shows how entirely invested I am while your walls of text show us you don’t care very much at all.

Well that was useless and pretty much what you said in your last post.

You could have just answered my question, which you claim to be doing for others for 12 pages.

Only I know how much I care no matter how much you want to tell me. I suppose it’s possible that my one question in this thread shows how entirely invested I am while your walls of text show us you don’t care very much at all.

Oh, it's a "caring" competition now ;)

What do I win, in that case? An answer to your secret - or are you taking that to your grave?

You know what, nevermind. Let's not waste more time on this.

Oh, it's a "caring" competition now ;)

What do I win, in that case? An answer to your secret - or are you taking that to your grave?

You know what, nevermind. Let's not waste more time on this.

No sure what competitions you keep entering but good luck, I hope you win.... or something?

Yes, this is a waste of time.

Thanks for answering my question, you can expect me to ask again in the next inevitable thread. Be sure to tell me how you already answered it in this thread.

Alright you two.
I can either rent you a room or a boxing ring.

Both of you have an intelligence that far exceeds your conversation so far :)

Why do we care how much money they make or how much work they put in to it, again?

At the end of the day there’s a product, buy it or don’t.

If I applied the money made has to be equal to the work put in theory I’d be naked, carless , homeless and eating out of a trash can.
We care for same reason we care that games are getting loot boxes that you buy with real money now. Bad business practice that succeeds encourages others to do the same.
Do you really want low effort remakes of all your favorite games in next 5-10 years?

Or do you want StarCraft Remastered level remakes and such?

Last edited:
I hope they studied the essential henchmen mods for this game. Without those I'm not sure I would have enjoyed the experience much

So does this EE release include the add-on content as well? NWN oc was so dull that I just had to force myself to finish it… Add-on content I loved though. :)

If their annual paycheck is $100K, we are looking at 300 man years of work. That would be a lot of people who are only working on improving the models.

Yes, it's a ludicrous claim. I can only imagine that the original breakdown was the cost for implementing a single major character in a modern AAA game, all their animations and programming, art design, writing, voice-acting etc. Then, someone extrapolated that to the cost of knocking up each single, half-decent model for an old tile-based rpg. The Nexus is filled with decent models that took not a fraction of those resources.

Why do we care how much money they make or how much work they put in to it, again?

At the end of the day there’s a product, buy it or don’t.

If I applied the money made has to be equal to the work put in theory I’d be naked, carless , homeless and eating out of a trash can.

On simple terms, its natural for people discuss the value of something. So I am surprised, you think this question needs to be asked to begin with!

On more serious terms, is what they are doing good business practice? Is it even ethical? As Archangel said above, the whole loot box gambling thing started with the whole "we are only selling cosmetic" micro transaction crap.

So its not simply about there is product and its more like where is this leading to...

Not sure where he got 7 million as the budget for PoE 1. It has never been categorically stated what the total budget was. Even if it was 7 million then only a portion of that goes to actual graphics/rendering. At most it would be 40% and most of the Indie 3D games it is less than 20% after a quick google. 30-50 million is the most ridiculous number I have ever heard in my life. If they were going to update it to Dragon Age Inquisition level of graphics then maybe somewhere close to that.

We care for same reason we care that games are getting loot boxes that you buy with real money now. Bad business practice that succeeds encourages others to do the same.
Do you really want low effort remakes of all your favorite games in next 5-10 years?

Or do you want StarCraft Remastered level remakes and such?

I’ll take “ low effort” remakes over no remakes.

comparing blizzard with all the game assets and more money than god remaking their own game to beamdog with limited game assets and much less financial wherewithal remaking someone else’s game doesn’t seem quite right.

I also can’t equate the deplorable act of random lootboxes to what beamdog is doing.

While I can’t agree with you I appreciate you explaining your position.

On simple terms, its natural for people discuss the value of something. So I am surprised, you think this question needs to be asked to begin with!

Of course it is but not with the typical vitriol that beamdog gets.

On more serious terms, is what they are doing good business practice? Is it even ethical? As Archangel said above, the whole loot box gambling thing started with the whole "we are only selling cosmetic" micro transaction crap.

As I said in my reply to archangel I can’t equate lootbox BS to what beamdog is doing.

So its not simply about there is product and its more like where is this leading to…

Let’s for arguments sake say beamdog is making low effort remakes. Where are you worried it’s leading too? It’s not like a bunch of other developers are now making low effort remakes and archangel already pointed out that blizzard made a high quality remake so beamdog doesn’t seem to be influencing anyone.

I could be wrong obviously and we’ll see in time but I don’t see any harm in what beamdog is doing and each individual will just have to decide for themselves if what their doing is worth thier money. I don’t think beamdog is really relevant enough to have any sort of real impact on the industry.

Thanks to you as well for taking time to explain your position.

I look forward to BD's remake of NWN2/MOTB, since I got motion sickness playing the game and engine/camera improvements might fix this.

OTOH they may just skip the expansions and only remake the core game.

Back
Top Bottom