NWN2 Adam Miller's Dark Waters

Neverwinter Nights 2

Ionstormsucks

Major Villain
Well,

It's usually not my thing to advertise other peoples modules, but I guess I can make an exception on this one. For all those who are interested - Adam Miller's Dark Waters is about to be released... well the first part of it anyway. Adam Miller has made himself quite a name in the NWN scene - I haven't played any of his modules yet, but some of them got pretty amazing scores on the Vault, and also got into the Hall of Fame if I remember right. Anyway, Dark Waters seems to be some pirate-themed modul for NWN 2 - and yeah, I admit it, I just can't resist pirates...

The module will be released today or tommorow, depending where in the world you live. Just check http://nwvault.ign.com/ and see for yourself if it's already there to download. It's not up as I'm typing it, but going there is still worth it since they got from fairly impressive videos up showing all kinds of stuff from Dark Waters.

Thanks, but is it MP? They are the only mods I play!!

The answer is yes - well 1 to 4 players. Adam Miller's NWN stuff was among the best that I played (single player) with some interesting usage of the NWN tools. I remember playing the Shadowlords and Dreamcatcher campaigns which were excellent. They were worth their scores.

Yep, I've set it as our next online campaign!!

No. This module is not very playable as MP. The story is driven by interaction with your NPC's, Heather and Daniel. Playing the mod MP prevents a lot of events from starting and the module is virtually unplayable.

The module works well in SP, though. There is not a lot of H&S. The focus is on the story. There are some bugs in the mod that could be show shoppers. It's nice Adam Miller has put an item in your inventory that can be set in debug mode so you can advance to any part of the mod you want. I had to use it twice to finish the mod because some scripts didn't retrigger. E. g. when you encounter something the first time you HAVE TO make sure you make the action that will advance the story. If not the script won't retrigger.

So-rry for necroing this a bit, hehe, but just jumped into it. Anyone played this? How does it compare next to Dreamcatcher ( series)?

So-rry for necroing this a bit, hehe, but just jumped into it. Anyone played this? How does it compare next to Dreamcatcher ( series)?
Well compared to his NWN mods Dark Waters is set in a pirate age. The world is slowly recovering and changing due to cataclysmic disaster that happened in the past.

The mod is very story focused but lets you explore an open water world. You eventually get your own ship, and can sail to different islands of your choice.

As for companions you get two of them based on whether you play as a male or female character. It also has romance if your into that also but it's not the focus.

I remember playing this a long time ago - finished the first part, it was quite enjoyable but the distasteful NWN2 engine prevented me from playing more.

Might try to reinstall it and give this another spin one day (+Maimed God Saga)

I played this a bit, few minutes, but kind of grating, the whole thing. The engine really isn't fit for long dialogue scenes and man the voice acting.
This reminds me have to finish Conan.

Back
Top Bottom