Stellar Tactics - Open World Universe Update

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A large content update patch for Stellar Tactics introduces the open world universe.

The Universe IS Yours!

I'm very happy to announce that the Stellar Tactics universe is now open - from one system to 160,000+ systems. I'm very happy with the progress and this is a major milestone for the game. I hope you enjoy it.

Prepare for a wall of text...

I want to set some expectations. This is the first pass of the universe sandbox. There are likely to be bugs, though we've done some heavy testing over the last three weeks and things seem stable. That doesn't mean there won't be edge cases that cause problems. If you do find any bugs, please post them on the bug forums and I'll address them as soon as I can. https://steamcommunity.com/app/465490/discussions/7/

So, what is this patch?

--This is the first pass at the sandbox universe. Over time I'll be adding a lot of content including discovery missions from logs, distress transmissions and much, much more. Think of this as the beginning of something much larger.

--There is no new story content, just missions everywhere, places to explore, mine, engage in exploration discovery encounters on planets and stations against various factions. Plenty to do and explore.

--What will I be doing after the patch releases - a lot. The goal is to get to Alpha as soon as possible. to get there I need to finish a few more of the games core systems. I'll list all of that in the "What's next" and "Roadmap" posts on the forums.

--Tuning - the game needs to be tuned, both for ground and space combat. First, perks need to be in place, special attacks need to be finished and itemization and the economy needs to be addressed.

It's important that I point out that I do have plans to add (soon) a way for you to right click enemies and choose the target body part, review enemy information (resists and possibly more information) based on your perception stat. One thing I've never liked about the current system is that it does not give you an alternative method for targeting enemies - this will be addressed.

[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Congrats! This is a great milestone!

However long this takes I will play it again in the end and will not stop to recommend this to everybody. It is already a great achievement for a one-man-studio. :highfive:

Congrats! This is a great milestone!

However long this takes I will play it again in the end and will not stop to recommend this to everybody. It is already a great achievement for a one-man-studio. :highfive:
Ditto as the more I read and watch about this game makes me want to play it, but I decided to hold off playing until he finishes the project. To bad The Mandate failed.

Back
Top Bottom