Junction Point Studios - State of Play @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Warren Spector has been interviewed at CVG about the industry and Junction Point Studios' current project. Predictably, it's too early to reveal any detail but there remain hints of a genre-crossover with roleplaying elements:
First up, is there anything you can tell us at all about your new game, what we can expect from it and what experience you're offering gamers?

Warren Spector: I can't talk much, but it's safe to say it'll be a logical, evolutionary step from the games I've been involved with for the last twenty years or so. (Maybe it's just me, but I think there's kind of a coherence to the stuff I work on...) Anyway, the next game will give players tools to craft a unique experience, participate in the telling of a cool story and so on.

I expect and hope it'll confound people who insist on plugging games into neat genres - I want people wondering if it's an action and combat game, a stealth game or a role-playing game! If I say any more, there's a publisher and, erm, well, someone else on the creative side who'll be really mad at me. Better stop...
More information.

Yay! Mr. Blabla is back... just a wild guess: It's a game in which you take on the role of a former game developer who has fallen from grace and is now spending most of his time with giving stupid interviews or writing articles about how to squeeze as much money out of your customers as possible?

Back
Top Bottom