Good coop game

DDO would fit the bill nicely. Although it's an MMO, the mechanics and the instancing make it fairly solid for solo and/or duo gaming. I haven't seen any instances of being hounded by strangers, so you shouldn't have people disturbing your coop. Last, it's got what I'd call a dual learning curve. Just "playing the game" is very easy to do--I've got an 11-year-old that's never heard of D&D and has no clue what rpg is all about, and she's plugging away, happy as a clam, with a toon that's a certified disaster. At the same time, the character development has immense depth so experienced gamers can do a ton of min/max or customization to their "vision of the toon" as they see fit.

My son and I are enjoying war of the north. Its actiony and linear but its good coop fun. I've also heard good things about ddo. I tried it a while ago but you had to pay to get the better classes. Not sure if that's still the case though. It might help if you tell us what you guys like in an rpg, although I don't think their are a lot of rpg coop choices. Speaking for pc I don't know about console. You should however stay away from daggerdale its just plain bad.

I've also heard good things about ddo. I tried it a while ago but you had to pay to get the better classes. Not sure if that's still the case though.
Depends on your definition of better classes, I suppose.
Free: barbarian, fighter, paladin, ranger, rogue, cleric, wizard, sorceror, bard
Pay: favored soul, monk, artificer

Free: human, elf, dwarf, halfling
Pay: drow, half-elf, half-orc, warforged

Depends on your definition of better classes, I suppose.
Free: barbarian, fighter, paladin, ranger, rogue, cleric, wizard, sorceror, bard
Pay: favored soul, monk, artificer

Free: human, elf, dwarf, Mystic
Pay: drow, half-elf, half-orc, warforged

Yeah I wanted to play a monk. I wonder how they choose which ones they want to charge you for.

I think the original Sacred works really well as a Co-op game. You can explore the entire world together. You can also buy it for cheap off Gog and use that copy on both of your laptops. I'm sure Sacred 2 would work well too, but I have not tested it.

I've recently played

Magicka and Dungeon Defenders with my girlfriend.

RPGs are usually a bit too slow for MP, but hardcore RPG players can get great mileage out of Neverwinter Nights (1 and 2), Baldurs Gate, and Icewind Dale.

I'd also recommend Dungeon Lords, which is a crap single player game but entertaining enough in MP.

Yeah I wanted to play a monk. I wonder how they choose which ones they want to charge you for.
The pay-for classes (and pay-for races, for that matter) were all added to the game via expansion updates after it was established. They get folks to pay for "new" things.

Go for light games like Terraria - good, lighthearted stuff.

I have been playing System Shock 2 with my cousin. We are both running XP. Fantastic game for coop. Highly recommended.

I just start to play Dead Space:Extraction.It is interesting.

I second Terraria - and Minecraft which is better if you want to build stuff and worse if you prefer exploring caves and killing hordes of monsters.

They should be ideal if you want to just mess around with someone who's not into games all that much (which of course I don't know if it's the case but I assumed so because of the use of the word 'lure' ;)).

One other thing with DDO; you do get both free points (to purchase stuff like a Monk) and something called favor. With enough total favor (which is not difficult to accumulate), you also get races like Drow for free too.

Yes, that's true. And Eberron Drow normally are not evil, which is a thing I actually like very much ! ;)

Yes. The evil ones are the ones you fight against ! ;)

- With one exception : A certain quest which should be fulfilled "without asking any questions" ... -

Back
Top Bottom