Witcher 3 - Blood & Wine Info @ PCGamesN

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Joxer spotted some information about the next Witcher 3 expansion Blood & Wine on PCGamesN:

The Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion will be as big as all of the Skellige Isles combined and out before E3

In an interview with German website GameStar, some solid details about Blood & Wine, Witcher 3’s second expansion, have finally been released. Not only is it likely to be out before E3 - though there’s no solid release date yet - but it’s absolutely huge: as big as all of the base game’s Skellige Isles combined. Assuming it’s also as dense with quests and battlefields and enemies and slightly odd sex scenes as the rest, that’s mighty impressive for a single DLC expansion.

Our favourite game of 2015 and one of the best RPG ever.

That’s not all either, with a full translation of the interview made on Reddit. Here’s some further highlights, about both Blood & Wine and some general CD Projekt facts:

• There won’t be a sale on the expansion immediately after it releases.
  • There are no plans for remasters of Witcher 1 & 2.
  • Nor will there be an all-three-games package of some kind once Witcher 3 is ‘finished’ - their argument is that W1 and 2 are already quite cheap when sales roll around.
  • They’re considering a Game of the Year edition for Witcher 3 that puts all the expansions and DLC together in one place.
  • Filling the world isn’t as tough as you might think, they’ve even had problems actually having enough space for everything they want.
[…]
More information.

They’re considering a Game of the Year edition for Witcher 3 that puts all the expansions and DLC together in one place.

Stop "considering" and release it already! :)

Well, I'm slightly more optimistic and could imagine that they will want to have a GOTY in stores for the holiday shopping season so maybe a release in October or November. That would be nice and the perfect timing to spend some cold winter nights :) .

Witcher 3 is already huge! I'm maybe half through the base game and already clock in at around 90 hours. I guess with Hearts of Stone I look at 150 hours at least...

And I have so many more games to play! Just bought Hard West! Help me!

Witcher 3 is already huge! I'm maybe half through the base game and already clock in at around 90 hours. I guess with Hearts of Stone I look at 150 hours at least…

And I have so many more games to play! Just bought Hard West! Help me!

If you want to do everything, the base game is like 200 hours of content all by itself. Hearts of Stone is like 20 hours (10-15 for the main storyline).

Blood & Wine is going to be like 50 hours at this point.

I don't believe those 50 hours.
I mean ppl fastrun DarkSouls 3 in one hour which is a full game and this here is just some cheap DLC it's not even a game. ;)

I read about ~20 hours. Do you have a source on this?

It's a speculation because CDProjekt underestimate both the base game and Hearts of Stone completion time if you do everything. They said Hearts of Stone had 10 hours of content, but it has 10 hours of content just for the main storyline. If you do all the side content it's closer to 20 hours.

Blood & Wine was announced as ~20 hours when they opened pre-orders for the pass and I don't think their original plan was for the map to be as large as all Skellige islands combined. I suspect that 20 hours is just for the main storyline and the is going to be a good 20-30 hours of side stuff to do (a good chunk being travelling though).

Back
Top Bottom