Gothic 3 bernardos letter in braga

curious

liberty or license
ive seen other posts where people had the same problem as i did the first time through the game - finding the letter on the bandit taklah that says he is getting weapons from the merchant bernardo in braga and then not being able to do anything with it. well i managed to solve it. you must not talk to bernardo at all about tribute before you get the letter. im sure almost no one has done this simply because getting the tribute is the first thing you do in town and beating him up also gives you the only teleporter stone in braga. so get the quest for the bounties on the nomads then go kill the bandit and the robbers in the ruins north of town. get the letter than left click on it and a quest log will pop up for "secret dealings". then you can either talk to nafalem and rat out bernardo or keep quite and make bernardo happy. both give you +10 rep in braga but bernardo gives you 100 more gold. however you'll want to turn him in, otherwise you won't get the option to beat him up to take the tribute and the teleporter stone. he gets mad when you turn him in but unlike other merchants in the game he will continue to sell to you since he needs the money...poor chap.

Wow, nice find. :)
Damn, that quest is really messed up.

Well, that explains why I'm still carrying that letter around since I collected the tribute first ... heck I even collected the tribute BEFORE I knew about the teleporter stone and If I try to beat up Bernardo now Diego always jumps in and kills the guy bringing the whole town down on me. I guess I'll have to wait until I liberate the town to be able to teleport to Brage. Bummer :)

you can always use a terror spell to drive them out of town and mug them there
or if you are a mage try using the beserk spell. its basicly like starting a bar fight and you can use it on whole towns even watching everyone slug it out...then you can help yourself to there goods and weapons if you so choose. no one will stop you but it might count towards theft so use it with discreation.

Back
Top Bottom