Dragon Quest XI - Gameplay Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming Dragon Quest XI has a new gameplay video from Gamespot.

Gamespot has shared a new video, showing ten minutes of gameplay footage from Square Enix’s upcoming RPG, Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age. This video showcases free roaming as well as the game’s combat mechanics.

[...]

More information.

Is it just me, or do a lot of their characters look cross-eyed? :-/

The 3D first person exploration is definitely new. Otherwise it looks like what you would expect from Dragon Quest (which is a good thing).

Is it just me, or do a lot of their characters look cross-eyed? :-/

For some reason the game characters are superugly (at least to me) and I think it's deliberate. But I like moving away from hollywood perfect plastic and if someone confirms the game plays okay with K+M, I'm buyin'.

For some reason the game characters are superugly (at least to me) and I think it's deliberate. But I like moving away from hollywood perfect plastic and if someone confirms the game plays okay with K+M, I'm buyin'.

The characters just look unfinished, to me. In the Dragon Quest Heroes games they look much better.

It doesn't look like any of the DQ games on Steam support KB&M.

Not something I would even consider touching the month it launches, as Square doesn't enjoy the best reputation in that regard. I quite enjoyed the earlier games in this series, but I've not played any of the last five or so, and based on that, I'll be watching to see what happens when it does launch.

Dang they showed it with a controller interface not kb/m interface.

Well it's another Japanese JRPG port so that's nothing new. They really should just label every PC port as controller required otherwise the keyboard layout is atrocious.

It's a signature look for the series, and the artist - Akira Toriyama, who does the character art since the first game (I think). Also created Dragon Ball and worked on the characters in Chrono Trigger. Though I must say it looks slicker than the previous games I've seen (I've only really played IX so far), could be the high res graphics, I mean eveything looks really cartoon-ish now.

As for the gameplay, the only new thing I see (since IX) is really the horse - and the game world seems really large. Not a bad thing. However the enemies seem a bit sparse this way.

I see no reason why it shouldn't play well with Kb+m, but I'm sad they are not bringing it to the 3DS outside of Japan, and surprised they're getting it on PC. The last couple of international console releases were thanks to Nintendo. Guess the mobile ports did good sales.

The 3D first person exploration is definitely new. Otherwise it looks like what you would expect from Dragon Quest (which is a good thing).

Where are you seeing first-person exploration? It looks like third-person to me. The last few DQ games used the same viewpoint.

I don't like the art style at all. They've definitely taken the cartoony look a step further with this one. It looks like it's aimed at pre-teens.

The music would drive me insane in short order.

True. The music sounds like Nintendo gameboy. Unbearable garbage.

Some games, like these play better with controllers...I don't get the OMG CONTROLLERS...posts.

Music like this, if one can even call it music, is why I tend to disable sounds the moment I get a new game.

I prefer using my mouse and keyboard, but I received a controller as a Christmas gift a year and a half ago, and use it as needed. Sometimes for current games, but more often for older ones, especially those older jrpg's and many games from the Sega era.

Back
Top Bottom