Realmz

Nice. I just rolled a +16 spell points for my priest last level. However, my Warlock rolled a measly 3 :(. Since the bonuses were so nice for the other level ups I just saved it and continued. Hopefully next level he gains much more than that.

Really digging this game though. I just
found the hidden plank where the evil mercenaries were in the top floor of the brothel. Scored 250 gold and 3 gems. Sweet!

Last edited:
Put in a half hour without reading the manual. Big mistake need to go back and read it. Made 3 guys to just go out quickly and look around. Ended up adding a magic user along the way. Heard some dogs I think I was supposed to rescue but couldn't find them because the screen was too small.:lol: will have to lower screen res when I try to play it seriously. Found an Orc camp, rescued a baby from a dying Orc girl then got slaughtered in the middle of an Orc and goblin war.

Pretty productive 1/2 hour.:)

^ Hah. Yeah, it's definitely not "pick up and play" (how many of these older RPGs really are, though?) Took me quite awhile just to get my party configured how I want it. Restarted like 5 times, lol. Finally got a good group going though and will continue with this one. Once you get the hang of things it becomes a lot of fun. Still gotta be really careful because you can get your ass handed to you quick :).

When you level up, do unused spell selection points carry over if you don't use them all?

Last edited:
When you level up, do unused spell selection points carry over if you don't use them all?

Yes. It's the only way to get the highest level spells. Don't try to pick up all of each level before moving on. I don't have hardly any low level spells on my enchanters. Also, you can take back any points on spells you're not using. Every level you can take back all your points, if you want, and totally redistribute. If someone just wanted to roll and play, take a full party of dwarves. With their vitality and brawn, they make up for their minor weakness in agility with pure hitting power and they make decent spellslingers too.

I'm finding several things I missed in my first playthrough, which was very similar to Fluents. In other words, I screwed up till I figured how to play. This time, I'm killing demons and dragons with ease. A very powerful spell for low level enchanters is called
Noxious something(Farts?, Fumes?, Vapors?).
It has short range, but is capable of taking even dragons out of commission.

If you like Realmz, I'd *highly* suggest trying the Sword Lands trilogy, which is totally and utterly awesome. It features some of the most impressive instances of choices/consequences I've ever seen in a RPG (no, I'm not joking) - unfortunately, it requires registration (which isn't available anymore, since Fantasoft went the way of the dodo and the author hasn't got the rights to give away codes).

if you like realmz, i'd *highly* suggest trying the sword lands trilogy, which is totally and utterly awesome. It features some of the most impressive instances of choices/consequences i've ever seen in a rpg (no, i'm not joking) - unfortunately, it requires registration (which isn't available anymore, since fantasoft went the way of the dodo and the author hasn't got the rights to give away codes).

wtf? :S So... might I ask how you play it then?

You can play the first third, rjshae, just not the other two pieces. You can try it, you just can't finish it, unless there's a crack somewhere.

crpgnut, any advice for
the rat demi-lord? He just keeps summoning millions of rats and I can't hit him with melee attacks because it says my attacks are "not magical enough". I assume that means I need to hit him with magic but I only have a Warlock with a few offensive spells and he runs out of spell points quickly. Any advice?

You need magical weapons, Fluent. I believe +1 will kill him the first time, but you might need +2 the next time you meet him. Go to the shop of the lady you rescued and she'll have magical weapons. You can use the crown to get out of the dungeon, temporarily, or just use the encounter button and speak home. I hope you're not fighting him in hopes of good loot. He's a rat :)

He's also not the main baddie you have to kill to get the reward from the inn. Thought I should add that....

Last edited:
wtf? :S So… might I ask how you play it then?

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to say that you can play them even without registering, but you can't finish them (at least the 2nd and the 3rd chapters, since there's a serial for the 1st one). The situation is quite awkward, though, since Fantasoft's long dead and the guy who was supposed to take care of what was left is apparently MIA. As I said, the author himself can't send registration keys, so there's basically no way to play the 2nd and the 3rd chapter to the end, which is a *huge* pity.

Yeah, sorry, I forgot to say that you can play them even without registering, but you can't finish them (at least the 2nd and the 3rd chapters, since there's a serial for the 1st one). The situation is quite awkward, though, since Fantasoft's long dead and the guy who was supposed to take care of what was left is apparently MIA. As I said, the author himself can't send registration keys, so there's basically no way to play the 2nd and the 3rd chapter to the end, which is a *huge* pity.

look in this thread to help yourself:) Your welcome:p
http://macintoshgarden.org/forum/realmzs-new-centurions-registration-code

The game and Fantasoft are still alive. Go there for with all necessary info to download/register Realmz and scenarios: http://rlmz.org/ ;)

The game and Fantasoft are still alive. Go there for with all necessary info to download/register Realmz and scenarios: http://rlmz.org/ ;)

Mmm as far I remember the Windows version had many bugs and I quote the OSX version is just a wrapper of windows version ie same bugs.

Moreover all scenario has disappeared. That's a huge lost because The Swords Lands trilogy was something rather special.

As much weird is the opportunity lost of an ios port and rehash of Mac version.

Myself I have all the codes of all scenario but they won't work for windows version, only for an old OS version which is really a pain to run in an emulation. Moreover the codes for all scenario but few have been put during some time on the site pages but stupidly I didn't get them, the point is Windows version always worked less well so I didn't bother.

People don't move because the legal owner gave up the game but never the rights. And alas that includes the scenario made by other authors like The Swords Lands trilogy. This game is a quite sad story, Jeff Vogel survived this story but he never reach the quality of best scenario released for Realmz. Moreover he still haven't implemented anything close to the events management of Realmz. Alas not only Realmz was a commercial failure but also its programming is certainly very far to be clean.

EDIT: Ok I'm very very old and my memory is leaving! I found the free codes, it's not for all scenario but only very few, the current version seems already include them. I also found my codes of all scenario but the last more recents, but it seems they are available to download on the site, it's only missing one of a trilogy, the third in the trilogy. I'm not sure if they work only with the Mac version, but my real name is required and I won't throw it, sorry guys.

EDIT: Yeah anyway there's most chance they are Mac only codes, I found the free codes for both windows and Mac version and they are different for the same user and same scenario.

EDIT2: Well in order page all official scenario seems available to order. Now the problem is if there will be an answer. Last time I used such stuff it took weeks to get an answer and the codes.

Last edited:
If someone confirm ordering is working well, I think I'll be tempted to buy all the windows scenario, the wrapper seems work very well.

I found back the pdf that was given free at front page of the site, so it's hardly illegal and it won't hurt anything, but it will allow you start all the scenario already installed or that you download and install. But you won't be able to finish them until you order and get the codes for each scenario. You will need follow the procedure explained to reset the serial number to your new serial number.

So here an extract of the pdf given for free, PC version, a gift from the guy who don't answer fast to emails and is in charge of the thing but doesn't really own the copyrights (well I suspect it's not entirely right but well):
The serial number of your copy is 13706024 Your registration code is 7995820
you will have to reset the serial number of your copy so it matches the one listed above. To do this enter your verification code 410 instead of your registration code and it will allow you to RESET your serial number so it matches the one listed above.
1) Your scenario registration name is: MEIERS
2) Your registration number for Prelude to Pestilence is: 2846681
And this will also include the complete first scenario: City of Bywater.

To discover the game I strongly suggest play first City of Bywater. It's good stuff and much better to discover the special mechanisms, interface, first tricks and rules. Then you'll be ready for the grand adventure with first scenario of The Swords Lands trilogy, Trouble in the Sword Lands. But caution if you reach the code protection it could be hard to resist buy it. ;)

For all scenario there's a really fairly large part to play before the registration code. Often scenario allow a lot of non linearity so if you reach the code you can try go back find more to do.

I suggest keep notes, each time there's text, information, dialogs, you can store it in the diary, but the diary is a pain to use, so you can also copy and paste the text and manage the diary yourself, really advised if your memory isn't top class, and anyway you could not really notice some important information.

If you want jump on the best you could also start with the second scenario of The Swords Lands trilogy, in my opinion the best of all and a quite impressive piece of RPG. If I remember well there's an introduction allowing choose a new party or one coming from previous scenario, choose a new party to get more information during first parts. You can create characters at level you want so it's possible despite the level requirement of this scenario.

Played a bit more City of Bywater scenario which is the base (small) scenario with the game. Omg I hadn't played it since 2000/2001 and had forgot how cool and fun it is.

I was looking for some more information when I saw in wiki page a mention that codes has been given free for all scenario. So my memory wasn't that bad after all. I didn't bother get it because I had already all the scenario, in Mac version which is the more advanced version. But now it's quite outdated and the windows version is the reference, even on Mac through OSX wrapper.

But thanks it's quoted and duplicated through the wiki system to keep a track of stuff even if later they are removed. So here the codes kindly provided by Skip Meier in charge of the game and its source (the copyright situation isn't clear and is complicated by scenario authors involvement).

So in complement of previous post and kindly provided by Skip Meier on game groups (but probably now removed):
3) Your registration number for Assault on Giant Mountain is: 2731903
4) Your registration number for Castle in the Clouds is: 1850227
5) Your registration number for Destroy the Necronomicon is: 300754
6) Your registration number for White Dragon is: 302208
7) Your registration number for Grilochs Revenge is: 687525
8) Your registration number for Trouble in the Sword Lands is: 1533542
9) Your registration number for Mithril Vault is: 162011

There isn't the codes for the last scenario, included the two last part of The Swords Lands trilogy. But once you have registered you can play a large part of them and it seems that through the order page on fantasoft site you can still buy them for 3$ each.

Really if you like, you should buy few of them, that will be cool for Skip and authors still in contact. Again, to start the game, City of Bywater is really advised and seems a rather interesting piece of RPG. There's also the manual on fantasoft site (search realmz manual) and it's really advised to give it a look plus there's the list of commands and this can help.

Through OSX Wrapper around Windows version I got something quite solid. I did crash a lot at first, always the same bug generated by some interface actions. But then just clicking the windows close box makes the game ask to save or not before quitting. And save in that condition seems work fine. After some hours I learned more or less consciously how avoid the bug by not doing the "wrong" interface actions. And now it seems working very well.

Back
Top Bottom