Interesting links for gamers (Indie games, Abandonware, Mods)

GTA5: RPG Mod
Game Features
Explore Los Santos and interact with new characters
The GTA RPG Mod has an array of characters which you will encounter during your time in the grand city of Los Santos. The relationships you make with these characters will define how the game progresses for you and what missions and options you have in the future.

Level Up and Customise Your Skills
Why just let the main three characters have skills? Once you pick your character and their class, you'll have a wide range of skills that you can use to aid you in your conflicts with other citizens of the city. Speed around the city in a turbo-boosted car. Become invulnerable. There are many skills to unlock in GTA RPG!

Earn your loot, the right way
What's a great RPG without tons of loot to find? You'll be able to find loot from killing random enemies, completing missions and soon… custom made heists. There's tons of loot to find, and you may find some of it will even unlock new abilities and missions.

*Soon* Compatible With Default Vanilla Experience
There's no need to worry about playing this alongside the default GTA experience. When creating your character just choose to play the original trio, and you'll get all the benefits of the GTA mod with Micheal, Franklin and Trevor. How can you go wrong with more missions?

Time-travel and solve a murder: Skyrim mod Forgotten City:

Everyone loves a good murder mystery. Time travel is a crowd-pleaser. And mods that don't just tweak a game but add hours and hours of new content? I'm talking about The Forgotten City, a Skyrim mod that's been in the works for several years but is now available, and features those tantalizing elements plus an original score and over a thousand lines of custom dialogue. You can watch the launch trailer above.

The mod, created by Nick James Pearce, takes place in a sprawling underground city, one you'll need to explore to uncover its secrets. What's more, you'll need to explore it along multiple timelines as you travel through a time-warping portal in order to investigate a murder. Interrogate the city's inhabitants, learn their secrets, fight enemies, solve puzzles, and make choices that will have consequences on the story.
Sprawling, ambitious mods like The Forgotten City can sometimes run into trouble when modders either don't provide custom voice work, or try to do it themselves. In this case, however, there's a cast of over a dozen actors from all around the world contributing their voices, so pull that arrow out of your knee and get adventuring. You're in good hands when it comes to the score as well, and you can listen to the original soundtrack, by composer Trent Moriarty, here on Soundcloud.

Unfortunately, this is a rare Mod of the Week where I haven't personally played the mod I'm pushing on you. I'm currently plagued with PC hardware problems (it's been narrowed down to either to faulty memory or a dying hard drive). Still, we took an early look back in July and were impressed, and it definitely looks like one to try.
The mod is designed for characters of level five or above, though the modder recommends you bring a high level character, as some of the story "responds to your character's individual history." He also recommends you don't bring a follower with you, as this is a solo adventure.

You can get The Forgotten City here at Nexus Mods. If you've been playing it already, let me know what you think in the comments. (Though please try to avoid spoilers!)

The Forgotten City: an expansion to The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is AVAILABLE NOW!
Find it on Steam Workshop or Skyrim Nexus.
More info at ModDB.

Fallout - New California expansion for Fallout:NV.

Link - https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45138/
Set in 2260, the main three factions in San Bernardino have been involved in factional fencing matches for the last 20 years following the NCR-Enclave War, and the Vault 13 Dweller’s defeat of the Master 100 years earlier.

The Survivalist Raiders are the last hold-outs in the California territory, refusing to be absorbed into the massive federal government they see as a threat to their isolated independence and military dictatorship. Cobbled together out of the remains of the various hostile tribes destroyed by the NCR, Boss Elsdragon, their leader, holds a tight regimental order over his confederation.

The New California Republic moved into the Cajon Pass in obedience of the New Reno Mob several years ago, capturing the Raiders’ crop producing lands in Union City. Hoping to use I-15 to expand their power towards Nevada, their leader, General Silverman, must first secure their war ravaged boarders, or face economic collapse at the meddling hands of Senator Nevile DuVille.

Your player character stumbles into this conflict after narrowly escaping Vault 18’s destruction. From there, they must find a way to survive in the aftermath when all 3 factions, each with a history of dealing with Vault 18’s Wasteland Scouts, seek out the player in order to use their knowledge, capture a lost experiment, or exact revenge for past crimes.

Sounds interesting. I always really liked THE SILVER SEED add-on for ULTIMA 7 PART II: SERPENT ISLE, which had a similar idea.

I played the mod and it's really good. They are making a full game out of it, by the way. It's in the different setting which is OK since it seemed out of place in Skyrim. I don't know when it will be out, but maybe wait and try that if it's good.

@HiddenX;, wow, a GTA V RPG mod! Exactly what I've been hoping for. I wish they'd make a Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines game in a GTA V type world. Would be amazing. @Couchpotato; The New Vegas mod sounds excellent as well. So many games I can't keep up!

Oh, yes, I do remember that game !

Are any games Truely 'abandoned' or is it just a 'justification' for theft ? I mean some games have been officially released to the public domain - so they might be considered abandoned but generally people don't label them abandoned since they have been freely given away.

@Ciancell;
It was already mentioned in the list

Back
Top Bottom