Interplay - Jason Anderson MMOG Interview @ GameBanshee

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Although this is strictly MMOG territory, some readers may be interested in GameBanshee's interview with Jason Anderson on Fallout Online Interplay's unnamed MMOG, where he is creative lead:
GB: How did you end up back at Interplay?

Jason: Even though I have been away from the game industry for the past couple of years, I have kept in contact with people. Hervé has wanted to do this project for a long time, but has not been in a financial position to move forward. He and I have been talking about it for nearly a year and he has worked steadily to get the project up and running. I have always felt that it was one of the few projects that could entice me back into the game industry. I am very happy to finally get a chance to work on it.
More information.

I did ask him if he'd ever return to SP RPGs

GB: Can we ever expect to see you back in the single-player RPG business?

Jason: Well of course. As I've stated in other interviews, I love games. All types of games. Heck, I'd love to work on a tactical turn-based strategy game too. As I stated earlier, something like that will come along, just give it some time.

I will be occupied with this project for a few years, so it might not be me that rebirths the genre, but it will definitely happen. I have no doubt of that. And when it does I'll be right there with the rest of you guys - ready to play!

Good work, Brother None.:)
Glad to see him in good spirits and got to spend so much time with his family, that can really energize you after all those guys at Troika went through. :)

Oh saw the Dragonlance movie article as well, when I was there Sunday, too.

Love to work on a project like this - not the Dragonlance movie though.

So I guess this is really for real now. No more undead jokes or Herve the devil incarnate? Wow, I just can't get over the feeling that I've entered the twilight zone. Well congradulations to Herve and for Jason getting back into the bizz. I'm extremely sad to say this but I won't be following up or even caring about what they are doing because it'll be MMO and I just can't stand those games (even if it was Fallout) ....Unless they made it a strategy RPGMMO hmmmm... Jagged alliance meet the world, world meet Jagged Alliance...I like the sound of that one. So if they happen to make a fallout that is similiar to Jagged or more importantly past Fallouts well then I'll have to take my "I HATE MMOs" hat off and give them another try. Ehhh I'm just dreaming:biggrin:..no way that's going to happen.:-/

So I guess this is really for real now. No more undead jokes or Herve the devil incarnate? Wow, I just can't get over the feeling that I've entered the twilight zone. Well congradulations to Herve and for Jason getting back into the bizz. I'm extremely sad to say this but I won't be following up or even caring about what they are doing because it'll be MMO and I just can't stand those games (even if it was Fallout) ....Unless they made it a strategy RPGMMO hmmmm... Jagged alliance meet the world, world meet Jagged Alliance...I like the sound of that one. So if they happen to make a fallout that is similiar to Jagged or more importantly past Fallouts well then I'll have to take my "I HATE MMOs" hat off and give them another try. Ehhh I'm just dreaming:biggrin:..no way that's going to happen.:-/

Anything "Fallout" coming from Interplay is going to be a MMO, that's the only thing the contract with Bethesda allows them to do. If you're looking for a singleplayer Fallout, Bethesda's Fallout 3 is (unfortunately) the only thing we're gonna get in the near future (less than 4 years).

Good interview.

I found it easy to believe that Jason Anderson reimmersed himself into games lately. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been active on forums too. His depiction of the state of things and how people feel about it, RPG in particular, seems spot on.

Maybe I missed it, but the interview didn't say where they'd be basing the company. After all that renovation work, is Jason planning on selling the house and relocating to California and its brobdingnagian housing prices? Or are they aiming to do the development someplace cheaper? On the other hand, if he's planning to commute, it could say something for the level of commitment he has planned with this venture.

The MMO is being made by two teams, one in France and another in the States.

While there is an address for the French team, the USA address points to...Herve's house in Beverly Hills!... Jason is probably working from home at this point, I don't know.

I don't give a fuck about story in a mmo, but he has me with the chardev. EQ had zero, wow's talents used to be good, but its moving towards all-or-nothing and cookie cutter builds (everyone will say it's always been that way, but they are wrong). I just want choices, I dont give a fuck about your precious balance or whinny pansy-ass fanboys without jobs on the forums. I want to sit at some chardev website and antagonise over how I'm going to build this character.

Speaking about chardev, I wish he'd put a lot more thought and choices into chargen. Shadowbane is the only mmorpg to have a decent chargen.

It also makes me happy to know FOOL with be emo-employee free.

Look at me! I'm Netherlandianish!

Back
Top Bottom