King's Bounty: Armored Princess Thread

Black dragon's are immune to magic, including the time back spell.

Black dragons become increasingly more difficult to play without losses as the game end nears and the enemy stacks get larger and larger. No resurrect, no time back, no paladin prayers, no healing, no buffs...

For mana, the dragon balls are sufficient. Currently it's an even 25-25 mana-rage trade with no wait time. :)

For me, I think the main advantage of the greens may be that their attacks do physical rather than fire damage. They could be better than reds and blacks against demons and other dragons, both of which have high fire resistances...

I use support spells all the time as a warrior in Armored Princess. The tedium of playing a mage easy on TL was not the offensive spells (those actually made the battles end quicker), it was all the mana generation needed for resurrection at the end of battles…

Playing as a warrior in AP, there is much less of that needed using LARGE stacks of paladins/inquisitors and phantoms.

Black dragon's are immune to magic, including the time back spell.

For me, I think the main advantage of the greens may be that their attacks do physical rather than fire damage. They could be better than reds and blacks against demons and other dragons, both of which have high fire resistances…
I check and in KBTL you could use time back on black dragon but time back wasn't a spell. Your quote is certainly for AP.

In demon world I abused of the dryad ability of sleep with the help of the special item giving ton of bonusses to girls of the game (KBTL). Yes red dragon probably don't work well, I don't remember. The plus is some demon units have fire attack not huring much green dragon but not all demon units have fire attack if I remember well.

I used the dryad sleep ability to much abuse in TL with my mag. The strategy there was always to keep the enemies away from my troops as I nuked them. Dryads were great for that. I'm looking to try something different in AP to battle demons. Hopefully a more direct offensive approach.

I figure leveraging my warrior's high attack/defense/leadership is the trick. That of course means attacks by units.

Magic shackles have been a must to protect against demon abilities so far…

I am still using the evil beholder ability to sleep enemies, though.

Yes that's what is cool with the warrior, it is more powerful and allow you stronger stacks and more fight bonusses. This allowing concentrate more the tactics on the stacks use. But myself it's the mage I enjoyed the more with KBTL. Yes Magic Shattles it was already a major tool against demons in KBTL.

I'm doing some thread necromancy, because yesterday I found out something odd :

When you go to th official "King's Bounty" web site : http://www.kings-bounty.com/eng/ then you'll see a section called "files" at the bottom on the left side.

It is above "community".

Now, if I click through the other languages (small flags at the upmost top right side), then this schema is the same : bottom : "Community", above it : "Files".

Or so it seems to me.

And now, the section "files" has an area called "Mods & Campaigns", which is locked.

It is locked in *any* language.

With one exception : Russian Language. There, it seems to be open, and it seems to contain a few files for downloading.

But since I don't understand this language, I have not the slightest idea what this might be (there are a few pictures, too).

Can anyone help me out of this riddle ? My "curiosity" check was negative, so I'm intrigued … ;)

And, by the way, dtp has in their newest newsletter the announcement of a "gold" version of "King's Bounty" …

There was a "Gold Edition" of King's Bounty released about a year ago. I believe it was a digital release only.

I'm guessing that announcement is for a new retail version, perhaps with KB: Crossroads included.

Yes, I assume so.

'casts raise dead on dead thread'.

I stopped playing this game when I played it a couple of years ago so never actually finished. Started it up again a week or so ago and finished it yesterday.

Now the reason why I'm posting. For those who finished the game (and remember), don't you think the game may have been cut somewhat? During my normal quests, I got all the runes and was surprised I could finish the game without even visiting two full islands (necro and demon). Maybe they were supposed to have runes too but that was cut in the final version? It certainly feels like there is stuff that you were supposed to do for the rulers of those 2 islands to get their runes.

So basically before going to the last step, I visited those 2 islands just for completion (though I did abandon the last island around the middle, wanted to finish the game already).

Did you play on normal or on easy difficulty ?

Now the reason why I'm posting. For those who finished the game (and remember), don't you think the game may have been cut somewhat? During my normal quests, I got all the runes and was surprised I could finish the game without even visiting two full islands (necro and demon). Maybe they were supposed to have runes too but that was cut in the final version? It certainly feels like there is stuff that you were supposed to do for the rulers of those 2 islands to get their runes.

I don't remember feeling like any of the islands were optional, but I haven't played AP since it was released, and my memory is a little hazy. I do recall the final battle being quite challenging, so I tend to think those islands are somewhat necessary for the XP and loot.

Did you play on normal or on easy difficulty ?

normal difficulty.

I don't remember feeling like any of the islands were optional, but I haven't played AP since it was released, and my memory is a little hazy. I do recall the final battle being quite challenging, so I tend to think those islands are somewhat necessary for the XP and loot.

Well they're optional in that there are 9 islands but 7 gems, so you can go to the end without visiting two of the islands. I could have done it and I don't think you gain much by going there. I was level 50 when I had all my gems and ready to end the game, and when I went to the other two islands, I realized the game has a 'soft limit' of 50, i.e., after 50 you get reduced benefits (so, instead of 500 leadership you get 250 and instead of a sum of 10 stat points you get 5, for example).
In the NPC conversations I also detected a hint that they could have been more important...
When I beat the ruler of the demon island, a popup message said that the island could go now back to their undead rulers, so maybe there was supposed to be a gem to be gained there

Well they're optional in that there are 9 islands but 7 gems, so you can go to the end without visiting two of the islands. I could have done it and I don't think you gain much by going there. I was level 50 when I had all my gems and ready to end the game, and when I went to the other two islands, I realized the game has a 'soft limit' of 50, i.e., after 50 you get reduced benefits (so, instead of 500 leadership you get 250 and instead of a sum of 10 stat points you get 5, for example).

They are optional I think they are put there for people that want to recruit undead and demon units

If you play the game on a higher difficulty, then you will need to go to those islands just to get enough gold and xp to complete the other islands. But yeah, from a story perspective, some of the islands are optional.

When I played on impossible, every time you found a new island map, it was like a huge winfall. Gold was so limited and you were always progressing by the skin of your teeth, being able to scour a new island for loose gold/flags/other things was huge.

I think I remember that some things within this game are random, placing of wandering enemies, for example.

I'm pretty sure all the items and monsters are pre-set in King's Bounty and AP. Although the number of units in any given stack may vary slightly, and the stacks are larger on higher difficulties.

I know that there is some randomness in the game, but I'm not 100% on what it is. The only thing that I remember for sure is that some of the monster encampments that provide advanced troops are completely random in AP.

I know that there is some randomness in the game, but I'm not 100% on what it is. The only thing that I remember for sure is that some of the monster encampments that provide advanced troops are completely random in AP.

Recruitable troops and sold items are random (not all are random but some slots are).

I'm pretty sure all the items and monsters are pre-set in King's Bounty and AP. Although the number of units in any given stack may vary slightly, and the stacks are larger on higher difficulties.

In AP neither monsters nor items are habitually pre set*. They have set locations (not all filled all the time, and some are either or for example the enemy hero Kotor can be in the Montero underground or the Ebon underground) but not composition or type. Someone actually made a save game scanner for power gamers to check if the 'best' items were available in a new save game.

*disclaimer: I have Crossworlds installed and it could be specific to that.

Well, I'm currently replaying it - I think I stopped at one point because of the more difficult encounters - the huge bosses.

Now comes my question : How do I defeat them ? Are there any tips you can give me after all those years ?

My main diffuculty is that I'm so much used to use the abilities of the pet dragon within the game that I have much difficulties in fights without the pet dragon.

Any advice ?

Back
Top Bottom