Dark Souls II - Developer Diary "Dark Intentions"

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
From Software has a new Developer Diary video for Dark Souls II called Dark Intentions.

In the latest behind-the-scenes developer diary with From Software, Dark Souls 2 director Yui Tanamura offers a quick primer on the story, and actor Peter Serafinowicz discusses why he finds the series so compelling. Art director Daisuke Satake also discusses how he attempted to tell stories visually.
More information.

Nice to hear Satake confirm that exploration is a central aspect of the game (kinda bored constantly hearing how hard this game is, blah blah) and Tanimura kept his best line for the end. :) (good enough to reward this Fan's patience with Namco's awkward/goofy marketing of the game ;) )

Now lets see you guys being as good as your word…

"games shouldn't try to be movies and movies shouldn't try to be games", he says.

Pretty sure that was a quote from ME! :)

I'd rather play Starflight than cinematic, interactive multimedia games Mass Effect x.

Hey, also, someone made a starting class poll http://strawpoll.me/1211053/r

I've been enjoying watching that. Head over and vote! I picked deprived, though I'm still not 100% sure until I see the starting stats for all the classes.

"games shouldn't try to be movies and movies shouldn't try to be games", he says.

He also said this gem:

dark souls is like, its like a, it's a game and I think games have forgotten to be games

/drag

Back
Top Bottom