Coronavirus (No Politics)

A few corona-related xkcd's:

2020_google_trends.png

coronavirus_genome.png

scenario_4.png

6_foot_zone.png

recurring_nightmare.png

a pibbur who now spontaneously reacts to crowds seen in old (pre 2020) movies.

Last edited:
a pibbur who now spontaneously reacts to crowds seen in old (pre 2020) movies.

haha - so very true, not always, but every now and then these things just hit me while watching stuff on TV.

A month later, it seemed like Germany had the spread well-controlled. Even after the lock-down ended around here, numbers looked good for a while. Now they're slowly going up again.

And the main driver: meat production plants.

As if we needed more reasons for becoming vegetarian, but never really going through with it… ;)

Yes, there's worrying signs emerging all over. The Brits have predictably gone bananas now the sun has come out, and it's absolute bedlam on the beaches. I'll be very pleasantly surprised if we avoid a second major lockdown.

Coronavirus whats that? Not kidding we seem to have forgotten there is a global pandemic going on in the US. The south is rising with to many cases to handle.

Looks like more lock-downs are needed but the powerless government says no.

Edit: Tried to do non-political but a little a came out sorry.:(

Anyway there are many articles on the net with this topic for more info.

Last edited:
And the main driver: meat production plants.
Actually not plants per se, but the meat industry slavery everyone knew but kept silent about. The hush attitude backfired and maybe something positive comes out of it now.
As the title is "no politics" I'll stop about that issue.

Globally seems that everyone loosened up too much, borders got open without mandatory testing and quarantine, so the virus is spreading again like crazy.
I have no idea what are people doing and why are they doing whatever it is, but it does seem noone listens to what infectologists say.
The most important idea when it all started was canceling all types of crowd gathering for the time being and I can't understand why suddenly everyone forgot that. Oh it's summer and you're going for some sun catching? With a mask and dozens of disinfectant bottles in your bag? It's retarded.

Actually not plants per se, but the meat industry slavery everyone knew but kept silent about. The hush attitude backfired and maybe something positive comes out of it now.
As the title is "no politics" I'll stop about that issue.

Globally seems that everyone loosened up too much, borders got open without mandatory testing and quarantine, so the virus is spreading again like crazy.
I have no idea what are people doing and why are they doing whatever it is, but it does seem noone listens to what infectologists say.
The most important idea when it all started was canceling all types of crowd gathering for the time being and I can't understand why suddenly everyone forgot that. Oh it's summer and you're going for some sun catching? With a mask and dozens of disinfectant bottles in your bag? It's retarded.
Just one question are you a vegetarian Joxer?:biggrin:

Agree about the mask wearing while sun-bathing.

One of my friends goes out fishing and hiking almost every day. Some of those places are crowed they get shut down, but he goes back every day. It boggles my mind why.

Coronavirus whats that? Not kidding we seem to have forgotten there is a global pandemic going on in the US. The south is rising with to many cases to handle.

Looks like more knockdowns are needed but the powerless government says no.

I know this is the ‘no politics’ thread ... but this massive spike was entirely predictable and avoidable in the US, and has happened in states where they predominantly listen to certain politicians and news sources who have told them things like “hoax” and “propaganda” and “just a cold” and “BUT MAH FREEEDUM” and “wearing mask is the REAL oppression” and so on. And now ICUs are near 100% capacity across these certain areas.

I know this is the ‘no politics’ thread … but this massive spike was entirely predictable and avoidable in the US, and has happened in states where they predominantly listen to certain politicians and news sources who have told them things like “hoax” and “propaganda” and “just a cold” and “BUT MAH FREEEDUM” and “wearing mask is the REAL oppression” and so on. And now ICUs are near 100% capacity across these certain areas.
Yeah I also tried to be non political but it happens.

Still I agree everyone should wear the damn mask it's for others protection not just yours. It's very easy to understand and I have breathing problems with a mask on.

Yet I still wear one.

Just one question are you a vegetarian Joxer?:biggrin:
No. Biologically I can't produce needed stuff for my health by eating only plants so I can't go that route. My lineage evolved on eating everything so I'm not a strict carnivore either, I adore veggies (except some that IMO shouldn't be food at all). Oh and of course all humanity evolved on alcohol so I'm not contra in that departement either.
One more thing, there were some articles about artificially grown meat (no animal killed for it) and not only I have nothing against that, I believe it needs to be done asap. Because meat you normally buy is full of antibiotics animals were given to without control and you don't need that garbage in your system.

One of my friends goes out fishing and hiking almost every day. Some of those places are crowed they get shut down, but he goes back every day. It boggles my mind why.
That friend needs some love. For all I know you're still single so stop with boggling mind whatnot and get in action. Yea, coronacrap and stuff... Screw the distance in this case.

Still I agree everyone should wear the damn mask it's for others protection not just yours. It's very easy to understand and I have breathing problems with a mask on.

Yet I still wear one.

I am a bit biased since I worked for years in semiconductor wafer fabs and still work in clean rooms and therefore have had to deal with masks ... and as a runner in upstate NY I deal with much of the year being cold and a few months of bitter cold where I wear a balaclava while running. So a mask at work or in public? No biggie.

I think my biggest issue is the horrible selfishness and lack of empathy ... this has been a test of our humanity, and much of the nation has failed badly.

Yep - don't catch Coronavirus. The "it's no worse than flu" argument ignores (among many things) that we're only just beginning to understand what this virus can do, and a few months of study is really just scratching the surface. Complacency is setting in, and that's a really bad idea.

Wearing a mask isn't that big of a deal when out in public. I am mostly vegetarian (would be totally except for my dogs who get turkey, chicken, or tuna along with eggs and some dairy for protein).

I find having to take a temperature reading every day before, or at, work to be far more annoying than a mask.

Back
Top Bottom