11 days to Grimoire release. Yay.

Cleve is taking care of the issues and there are only two remaining now. Progress has been slowed down due to him having a full time job needing commuting but he will get to it. He's still working diligently on it.

The problem was that he never could amass enough money to work full time on the game, so he can only work whenever he has free time. And this is probably the most complex RPG ever, it has staggeringly large levels and tons of features. This is quite simply an absolute monster to debug.

Cut the man some slack. He did release a super demo a long while ago which represented 25 % of the game and could be played completely. The rest WILL come.

If anyone else on this site posted this, it would of course be sarcastic. But with HHR, you know it is sincere. He is our resident Be-Cleve-er, among other things.

Things are getting restless. There have been refunds. And Cleve is 'updating' everyone more often than usual. Something's about to go down, one way or another.

Yeah, and if he gets legal heat, he could always release whatever he's got and claim that he's delivered the product.

Any Cleve updates?

Not that I would buy the game but I'm curious of his excuse this year.

Any Cleve updates?

Not that I would buy the game but I'm curious of his excuse this year.
I have from a very reliable source that he fixed 2 more typos, so release is closer than ever.

There is an update (30/09/16) on https://grimdarkly.wordpress.com/, which states:

• Wow, you guys have been very patient.
  • Cleve’s still talking frequently about Steam Greenlight release.
  • Cleve is also working on a special Grimoire trailer

pibbur who claims that no news is no news.

Wow, you guys have been very patient. If I were you, I would have already ripped down my Cleve posters and thrown my tear-soaked Combat Cleve action-figures in the garbage.

I'd never do something like that. Those things are sacred and will have serious value someday. :lol:

Ah, yes - the annual festive remembrance of Grimoire. Lest we forget.

People were excited about Grimoire back in the day because hardly any indy games were released. Now, you have great indy games released all the time. Grimoire is the most powerful undead monster ever created. It just won't die. More evil then a demi lich :)

On a serious sidenote:

Given the years in development, the beta edition so loooong ago, and all the broken promises, I have one question: Why?. Why is he doing this, this way? I just don't get it.

Those who know me (well) might say that I take a long time getting my fingers out and actually finish things, and I have to agree. But against this - I can't compete.

pibbur who wonders how many, mr. B included, thinks it will actually be released.

Last edited:
My guess is that he gets a kick out of it. It's a way of retaining attention and exercising a degree of control over others. He humiliates people with project updates that insult their intelligence, yet keeps them dangling. Combine that with his prolific twisted blogging and his bunker. I've seen things of a very similar nature in real life.

Last edited:
Maybe he should rename the game: "Grimoire Forever".

Pibbur who has been thinking about making an RPG for more than thirty years.

I think it's like a form of online gaslighting.

I do not suspect that the Pibbur has that kind of personality, whatever else he may get up to.

Well its of course some kind of twisted game for him. And its not all waste either, he managed to run a semi-successfull indiegogo compaign and collected over 10k USD. I'm just waiting for the next crowd funding campaign. :D

Last edited:
I think it's like a form of online gaslighting.

I do not suspect that the Pibbur has that kind of personality, whatever else he may get up to.

I would never announce the release of a game I think about making and then not release it. I follow the principle "It's ready if it's ready".

Pibbur who can promise that if made, it will be released in his lifetime. However, he refuses to be held accountable if that doesn't happen.

PS. I can disclose the idea behind the game I've spent 30 years considering: It's about someone, joined by someones, doing somethings to prevent something from happening to somepart, yet undetermined, of spacetime (typos intentional). To keep it geeky, game mechanics will and at the same time will not be based on quantum mechanics. Until you start playing, of course. DS.

Last edited:
Grimoire Release Trailer (Yes I'm serious)

https://youtu.be/DJ59jT9yD_A

Edit: Nevermind, confirmed by CMB to be just a heavily edited version of the Greenlight video. It wasn't even done by him.

Last edited:
10 days to go.

Someone needs to change title.

Back
Top Bottom