KoA: Reckoning - Preview @ CVG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Hey - a new preview of Kingdoms of Amalur...pity it doesn't say anything new. If you need a brief catch up, head to CVG:
Having cherry-picked his favourite period from Salvatore's insanely epic timeline, Rolston brought in action-figure, er, figurehead and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane to work with him on the look of the game; a game which hopes to combine the depth of an RPG with God of War-style melée combat.
More information.

What's this God Of War everyone's currently talking about ?

Epic fantasy Tomb Raider. With dude-butt instead of some nice girly-butt.

Its the future.If you recall as stated by CD Projekt Red this is the rpg standard for the times.Old school rpgs are to hardcore for our younger generation.Remember eveyone if a game has no action elements its boring and the investors dont want boring games that make less sales.Hence why all thats released is the same fps and action games every year.

Yes, that is true and it is quite frustrating, but I'm not opposed to a game having more action-oriented elements - so long as the elements surrounding the action have a reasonable level of depth and quality. The Witcher 1 is a great example of a game that did a wonderful job of balancing action-based portions of the game with a lot of high quality and depth outside of the action, so if more games found that balance, then the quality of newer games wouldn't suffer as much. Unfortunately, the whole "accessible"issue, which I won't get into right now, comes into play as well and ruins that delicate balance and the quality of the game suffers. Hopefully Reckoning doesn't slide down that slippery slope because it seems like it has a lot of potential

Are you kidding?

No. I'm so much focused on a few games I'm totally missing other things.
And I'm currently completely ignoring everything shooter-related and RTS-related, too.

Back
Top Bottom