Diablo 2: Resurrected - Released

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Diablo II: Resurrected has been released, it's now available for PC on Battle.net shop. Link to Blizzard's launch guide.

DIABLO II: RESURRECTED - LAUNCH GUIDE

The Lord of Terror has returned and the launch of Diablo II: Resurrected is nearly here! Before you begin your quest east, you will need to make a handful of necessary preparations. So, we've assembled a guide to make sure you return to Sanctuary with ease, especially as you ready yourself for battle against the forces of the Burning Hells.

6EQ78EO12N4F1631831950198.jpg

[...]
More information.

I got it just because I enjoyed it so much 20 years ago. Played for about 3 hours with a Necromancer. I'm not really an action RPG player anymore but this is a good update and I'm having fun. Not sure how long it will keep my interest but I wanted to try something different.

Felt a little bad for supporting Blizzard with that shit show but I guess my indignation only goes so far.

I read that there was a 3- 4 hour rollback just a few minutes ago, so people who played at launch likely lost most of their progress.

Hope you weren't affected!

I'm overloaded with games and in no rush to pay $40 for a nostalgia burst so I'm content to see if it goes on sale.

I'm also apparently in the minority that prefer D3 to D2 (or what D3 became years after release - I didn't have anything to do with it for years but I think it's evolved into a good game)

I enjoyed D2 more than D3. D3 has better graphics, but that is expected with 12 years between releases. IMO D2 overall the gameplay and environment was better. Will wait for a sale to pickup D2R.

I wasn't that into D2 as some of my friends (I never beat the game on any other difficulty than normal), but I really liked discussing the game with them when we were kids. It's funny, cause none of them ever got into other ARPGs and I did. Some of them tried Titan Quest when it came out but that was it. They were (some still are) Diablo fans, not ARPG fans. I recently played Grim Dawn with my friend and he was interested in the game but we never continued after a few sessions. Same thing happened with Path of Exile. One of my friends still plays D2 regularly. It was this summer that he told me how he was grinding runes on his brake on work. I'll see if this has retained the same charm and gameplay as the original, but I most likely won't be buying it.

I was watching a stream last night for a bit before bed, and that convinced me to actually not play it. I was kinda looking forward to play it at launch, but after watching some gameplay, and despite the facelift, the game looks and plays like a dated relic that doesn't belong to the current standards of what I consider entertaining.

It is a good shot of nostalgy for those who want to relive some of those times past good memories, but I think that's where its value ends.

Rollbacks? Wait, are they forcing you to play this game on current servers??? Holy moly, anyone that would tolerate that is far more patient than I, lol. I love the game, I'll be waiting for a version to come along that doesn't require online activity.

Rollbacks? Wait, are they forcing you to play this game on current servers??? Holy moly, anyone that would tolerate that is far more patient than I, lol. I love the game, I'll be waiting for a version to come along that doesn't require online activity.
Blizzard.net is always required to play their games. No offline SP.

Last time they offered that was with Starcraft 2 before it's expansions.

Felt a little bad for supporting Blizzard with that shit show but I guess my indignation only goes so far.

That's a good thing. Don't lose that.

Yeah I vaguely remember that requirement also, and it might explain some of my disdain for the company at large. I loved the heck out of Diablo one and two, yet these days I think I'll just enjoy the first one that GoG gave us, and hope that the second gets similar treatment at some point.

I'm consistently susprised when I see people say they won't play X game because it has an online requirement even when that requirement is simply logging in to the platform at launch.

Seems like odd way to eliminate games from consideration, but to each his own.

I'm consistently susprised when I see people say they won't play X game because it has an online requirement even when that requirement is simply logging in to the platform at launch.

Seems like odd way to eliminate games from consideration, but to each his own.

I think Diablo 3's launch left a sour taste in people's mouth when people couldn't play their single player game because the servers were down. I don't know if they fixed that (probably yes since you don't hear about such problems) but you know the saying, once bitten, twice shy.

I think Diablo 3's launch left a sour taste in people's mouth when people couldn't play their single player game because the servers were down. I don't know if they fixed that (probably yes since you don't hear about such problems) but you know the saying, once bitten, twice shy.

That, and the fact that it had a real-money auction house completely destroyed Diablo 3 from the get-go. Then it became a decent ARPG, but much of the damage was already done.

I am generally wary of games that require constant online activity to be played, and more so those that store your character data somewhere away from your computer.

I understand this is important for competitive games, but Diablo is a PvE game that can be fully enjoyed in single player setting. If you can't play it just because you lose access to the internet for whatever reason, or lose hours of progress just because some servers situated 3,000 km from where you live had a hiccup, then people are going to have issues with that.

Heh, I didn't know that. That's not my preference, fortunately I'm not much into Blizzard's games.
Yeah but if you play the switch or console versions of their games you don't have to connect to a server to play. Frankly you cant call it SP if you need a server to play.

Diablo III did leave a sour taste and their reasons why it was online only didn't help. Then they admit well you can play it offline, but only on consoles pissed me off more.

Yeah, Diablo 3 is a different situation. I'm not talking about games that require you to always be online the entire time. D2:R doesn't require that for single-player mode.

Yeah, Diablo 3 is a different situation. I'm not talking about games that require you to always be online the entire time. D2:R doesn't require that for single-player mode.

I'm just saying that people are weary of Blizzard in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom