Steelrising - New Story Trailer

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPG Fan reports a new trailer for Steelrising.

Steelrising Steeps Itself In Clockwork Combat In New Story Trailer

Publisher Navcon and developer Spiders have released a new story trailer for their upcoming action RPG Steelrising at the 2021 Game Awards. The trailer showcases its robotic protagonist wending their way through an alternate-history Paris steeped in chaos, combat and flame. Check it out below!

The trailer centralises players into its setting: an alternate history of Paris in the year 1789 where King Louis XVI has suppressed the French Revolution with an army of clockwork combatants. It then showcases Aegis--the protagonist of Steelrising. Players will take on the role of Aegis as they contend with the city before her, seeking to untangle the knots of an alternate broken Revolution and eventually subdue and defeat the Clockwork Tyrant.

Steelrising is set to release in June 2022 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, and Windows PC via Steam.

Personally, I'm all for alternate takes on historical events, and this one looks to be a legitimate layup from Spiders from an aesthetic standpoint. I hope the gameplay will match the bombastic tone of its premise, because if so, this is definitely something to watch in the months to come. For all news Steelrising and RPG, stay tuned to RPGFan!
More information.

I actually missed it when the award show was live streamed. It showed up on my list of recommend videos. So for once Goggles auto recommendation worked for me.

Anyway it looks good but it hasn't gripped me like their past games. The setting and main character just don't interest me. Might be the first game of Spiders I wont buy.

I wish they would go back to the Mars Techno-master setting.

(Yes that's part of my earlier rely.)

Aye I would like to see more of the Mars Techno-Master setting as well. For a sometimes clunky game with a lot of walking back and forth I still loved it. I have enjoyed their games nut not so sure on this one. Tracking it though.

Spiders are masters of unique worlds. It doesnt look bad but I have feeling that the game will end in chaotic robotic action pretty soon.

Anyway it looks good but it hasn't gripped me like their past games. The setting and main character just don't interest me. Might be the first game of Spiders I wont buy.

I wish they would go back to the Mars Techno-master setting.

Probably a lot of us would prefer that but it wont happen at least in near future. It was published by Focus.
Spiders would probably create new sci-fi RPG now.

I see they're labeling this as an action-RPG now. I thought it was pretty much just a straight action game.

It should be ARPG but with bigger focus on pure action and less on storytelling.
Im afraid that their new publisher Nacon is not interested in RPGs like Greedfall. But Greedfall sold well so maybe it will change. Spiders published few months ago that they would like to do a game like Greedfall next.

I got sold on those delicate frilly outfit and fan dual blades lol. I wonder how much we get to customise the look of Aegis (main char)?

Anyway, for now, its added to my wishlist purely due to the impressive art direction but would like more info on story, combat, companions etc.

I got sold on those delicate frilly outfit and fan dual blades lol. I wonder how much we get to customise the look of Aegis (main char)?
Given their past games had armor and weapon customization it's guaranteed. Though I wouldn't expect it to be the main focus of the game. Just a side benefit with few options.
Probably a lot of us would prefer that but it wont happen at least in near future. It was published by Focus. Spiders would probably create new sci-fi RPG now.
Does Focus Interactive own the IP? I thought their setting was their own creation. Would be nice to play at least one more game as everyone knows Earth is gone now.

Wouldn't mind a new Sc-fi setting either. Just allow customization of who you play.
Spiders published few months ago that they would like to do a game like Greedfall next.
I loved Greedfall. Frankly it was more original then a playing a female android in a 18th century steam-punk France. Seems Spiders has no luck with finding a good publisher.

Last edited:
oh spider where are you going... Sadly a pass, due to the weird universe same as elex 2 what is happning to rpgs...

I loved Mars games, mainly War logs, but the one that griped me the most was Of orcs and Men. I like the new settings they create, lets see what this brings to the table.

Dolby said:
Sadly a pass, due to the weird universe same as elex 2 what is happning to rpgs…

You dont like original worlds?

Does Focus Interactive own the IP? I thought their setting was their own creation.

Hard to tell. Maybe they have Mars and Focus has Technomancer IP. Or Focus has both.

Would be nice to play at least one more game as everyone knows Earth is gone now.

I would like the idea that someone lands on Mars... Or that some ppl from Earth are still alive somewhere.

Wouldn't mind a new Sc-fi setting either. Just allow customization of who you play.

Their previous RPGs has it. Steelrising has probably smaller budget (more action focused Soulslike) so they decided for preset character.

I loved Greedfall. Frankly it was more original then a playing a female android in a 18th century steam-punk France. Seems Spiders has no luck with finding a good publisher.

Well, we will find out when they will announce new project after Steelrising.

A pity. I really would have liked another RPG from them.
But I have very little interest to play as a robot, even if it was a proper RPG.

The art style looks awesome though. They're really good at it.

Probably they plan to operate people's brains out put it into a pickle jar and let people drive their bodies brainless with only the brain-stem remaining and they want people to play these games devoid of meaning.

Back
Top Bottom