What games are you playing now?

Yes, Oleg works like 3 or 4 people though. He's about 85% finished iirc.

Do you know if Gedonia allow players to roll a female character?

Gedonia info

Do you know if Gedonia allow players to roll a female character?

Yep! It also shows all the outfits though the graphics are low-poly. I too like the dress up aspect of certain games. I would always dress Vilja in the outfits from some of the good modders. I typically do her quest in Skyrim and end up marrying her so she's around for most of the game.

That said, this game doesn't really fit for that, but at least you see your gear and there is quite a bit of variety.

I like it so much because they force us to play Gerald, who I think is a great complex character. The characters, story and mood are much better made in the game than in the TV series.

It's certainly a great character. I love the books and own all of them. But it's not my character which is what I like to play in a RPG. Else, it feels more like an interactive tv show. But yeah, each is own.

Btw, Outer Worlds is first-person, now third-person. So I feel the control is more direct, with mouse and keyboard. Now, I'm not saying that Outer Worlds is a great game. The more I play it, the more I feel it's some sort of Poor man's Fallout 4. Still, I like the fact I'm not forced to play a specific char.

Last edited:
I don't get when people get that hung up on having to play a specific character. You're missing out on far too many great games because of that.

I don't get when people get that hung up on having to play a specific character. You're missing out on far too many great games because of that.

For me it's not about it being one character but that character. Geralt just don't seem like a character I would ever want to roleplay. I don't like the big macho womaniser cliché. I don't mind it being one character, e.g. in Gothic I'm the nameless hero.

Geralt just rubs me the wrong way. I did play the Witcher 3 for 50 hours+ so it's not like I did not enjoy it, but it just makes the fun factor lower for me.

I don't know. For me, the character creation module is an important part of every good rpg. I don't enjoy nearly as much games that do not have one.

I always prefer to roll and model my own character, yet that'll never preclude me from trying out a game. Those criteria are important, yet pale in comparison to things like a decent story, mechanics, and other systems within a game.

All I know is that I'd have missed some great experiences if I only went by how a character seems. I almost didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn because having to play as Aloy initially didn't appeal to me at all. That ended up being one of the best games I played that year.

Yep! It also shows all the outfits though the graphics are low-poly. I too like the dress up aspect of certain games. I would always dress Vilja in the outfits from some of the good modders. I typically do her quest in Skyrim and end up marrying her so she's around for most of the game.

That said, this game doesn't really fit for that, but at least you see your gear and there is quite a bit of variety.

Nice, thanks for the info :D

All I know is that I'd have missed some great experiences if I only went by how a character seems. I almost didn't play Horizon Zero Dawn because having to play as Aloy initially didn't appeal to me at all. That ended up being one of the best games I played that year.

I also don't play games where I can't roll my own character - the only exception was Disco Elysium.

I understand some of the games where I have to play set protagonist are simply amazing for many players - BUT if I don't enjoy playing that character, then what's the fun in it? For example, I really hated playing as Geralt in TW3. I had a lot more fun watching my hubby play TW3 - this was the best solution, I didn't have to RP a character I don't feel in tune with but got to enjoy the game content :D

No game can replicate the kind of experience one can get by playing a predetermined character with a character they create. In the Witcher games, it's not just a matter of Geralt's personality or skillset, it's all the reactivity the world has to the particular person he is. He has a history. He has relationships. Those things make the story what it is.

In other games, I very much like to create my own character but what I get from those games is entirely different. Games can use tags for the class you are or where you say you were born or whatever and slightly modify dialogue lines, but that's about it. That's very superficial compared to what a game like The Witcher does to mold its story around its lead character.

I understand some of the games where I have to play set protagonist are simply amazing for many players - BUT if I don't enjoy playing that character, then what's the fun in it? For example, I really hated playing as Geralt in TW3. I had a lot more fun watching my hubby play TW3 - this was the best solution, I didn't have to RP a character I don't feel in tune with but got to enjoy the game content :D

Yeah, I understand that some people have a hard time playing a character they don't connect with. To me, the game itself is what's relevant. The most appealing character in the world isn't going to make me enjoy a bad game, but a great game is still great regardless of who you are.

Finally started playing Cyberpunk about two weeks ago. Purchased on sale over holidays. I have to say something feels messed up about this game, but hard to put my finger on it. It is sort of overwhelming. There seems to be a lot of different mechanics and I'm having a hard time with the interface and just figuring out how to do everything. Visuals and story very cool. But the gameplay itself makes me feel somewhat confused - I feel like I would need to spend a whole day just figuring out how all the different controls and systems work, as opposed to just figuring them out on the fly as I play. Quest management, the cyber scanning stuff, this whole thing where you go into a VR and there are all these controls, crafting and modding. All these random items you find everywhere. Even the little flavor text items you pick up are super long to read and annoying. The whole game is sort of annoying me at the moment. Compared to Witcher games this one is a turd. Making me want to go play Mass Effect 2 lol. So far thumbs down.

In the Witcher games, it's not just a matter of Geralt's personality or skillset, it's all the reactivity the world has to the particular person he is. He has a history. He has relationships. Those things make the story what it is.

It's all nice. But personally, what I find even cooler, is when a game is able to react differently depending of the way you made your character. Is he a nobleborn, a peasant or a merchant? Is he a human, an elf or a dwarf? That's for me is true roleplaying. Playing Geralt for me feels more like playing an interactive novel. The same way I wouldn't be interested to play a LOTR game where you are Frodo, Aragorn or Gandalf. It's like playing someone else character.

Finally started playing Cyberpunk about two weeks ago. Purchased on sale over holidays. I have to say something feels messed up about this game, but hard to put my finger on it. It is sort of overwhelming. There seems to be a lot of different mechanics and I'm having a hard time with the interface and just figuring out how to do everything. Visuals and story very cool. But the gameplay itself makes me feel somewhat confused - I feel like I would need to spend a whole day just figuring out how all the different controls and systems work, as opposed to just figuring them out on the fly as I play. Quest management, the cyber scanning stuff, this whole thing where you go into a VR and there are all these controls, crafting and modding. All these random items you find everywhere. Even the little flavor text items you pick up are super long to read and annoying. The whole game is sort of annoying me at the moment. Compared to Witcher games this one is a turd. Making me want to go play Mass Effect 2 lol. So far thumbs down.

It's certainly a huge and complex game but for me, I thought it was worth it. It's a very open game with a lot of content. Night City is among the best cities ever created for a game and it's a charm to walk around. I completed the game a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed the experience. Too sad they pushed the game too quickly and it was so bugged on release. But at least, now it's almost bug-free.

It's all nice. But personally, what I find even cooler, is when a game is able to react differently depending of the way you made your character. Is he a nobleborn, a peasant or a merchant? Is he a human, an elf or a dwarf? That's for me is true roleplaying. Playing Geralt for me feels more like playing an interactive novel. The same way I wouldn't be interested to play a LOTR game where you are Frodo, Aragorn or Gandalf. It's like playing someone else character.

Like I said, when games do that it's all superficial. There is no way for developers to build a meaningful background for any of the hundred different combinations you might come up with, so you get a bit of dialogue here and a bit of dialogue there, or if you're lucky, a short quest that takes 15 minutes. Playing Geralt means that there are several characters who have a rich history with him that gives weight to the events of the game. If you don't prefer that, that's obviously fine, but you seem to be willfully missing the point.

Last edited:
I played the first few hours of Phoenix Point. I wanted to see how it compares to XCOM 2 since I recently finished a playthrough.

I like the strategy part of it well enough. More than XCOM in fact. I like how you get points of interest on the map that you have to actually explore as opposed to just being presented with missions like in XCOM.

The tactical part though…not so much. Combat feels somewhat mundane compared to XCOM 2. The visuals and audio are inferior, and the enemies are lacking in variety. Maybe it gets better later, but I wasn't impressed.

I'll probably come back to it at some point, but I'm moving on for now.

I played the first few hours of Phoenix Point. I wanted to see how it compares to XCOM 2 since I recently finished a playthrough.

I like the strategy part of it well enough. More than XCOM in fact. I like how you get points of interest on the map that you have to actually explore as opposed to just being presented with missions like in XCOM.

The tactical part though…not so much. Combat feels somewhat mundane compared to XCOM 2. The visuals and audio are inferior, and the enemies are lacking in variety. Maybe it gets better later, but I wasn't impressed.

I'll probably come back to it at some point, but I'm moving on for now.

Sad to hear this! I kept myself from playing PP always awaiting and awaiting for the final DLC which will get released next March. Let's see if things get better after the release of the (supposedly) final DLC.

So I recently bought Serious Sam 4 and a new game in the series that just came out -- Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem -- during the steam sale (they were in a cheap bundle)

Surprisingly, although a first person shooter fan, I had never played any games in the series, so these two games are the first ones in the series that I am playing.

I'm starting with Serious Sam 4 and its a very fun, traditional first person shooter. I really like the monsters/creatures/robot things in this game -- lots of variety. And the monsters are often very funny in their design and very creative and imaginative too.

And I also like how challenging the game is. I decided on normal difficulty, because I know these games have a reputation for being hard, and its true. The enemies rush you from all sides, and its fast and furious.

Even on normal difficulty I got my ass kicked more than once in some of the fights, until I adjusted my strategy for that particular battle.

This one early fight has a really fun mini-boss battle, where there is a huge bull charging at you, basically if he hits you in charge you are dead or near dead, and so you are like a matador running around dodging and fighting it, then after killing the single one, they throw 2 more of the giant beasts at you, both at the same time! Just hilarious and fun stuff.

So I recently bought Serious Sam 4 and a new game in the series that just came out -- Serious Sam: Siberian Mayhem -- during the steam sale (they were in a cheap bundle)

Surprisingly, although a first person shooter fan, I had never played any games in the series, so these two games are the first ones in the series that I am playing.

I'm starting with Serious Sam 4 and its a very fun, traditional first person shooter. I really like the monsters/creatures/robot things in this game -- lots of variety. And the monsters are often very funny in their design and very creative and imaginative too.

And I also like how challenging the game is. I decided on normal difficulty, because I know these games have a reputation for being hard, and its true. The enemies rush you from all sides, and its fast and furious.

Even on normal difficulty I got my ass kicked more than once in some of the fights, until I adjusted my strategy for that particular battle.

This one early fight has a really fun mini-boss battle, where there is a huge bull charging at you, basically if he hits you in charge you are dead or near dead, and so you are like a matador running around dodging and fighting it, then after killing the single one, they throw 2 more of the giant beasts at you, both at the same time! Just hilarious and fun stuff.

I played the first Serious Sam aeons ago (before I had it on Steam, don't ask!! :p) and I intend to replay it once again in the future. I liked it quite a lot, especially the tone of humor and that screaming headless (yes dear member, you read it correctly) suicidal enemy with bombs instead of hands :)

Back
Top Bottom