Dragon Age: Inquisition - Editorial @ Forbes

I played both DA1 and DA2 but I didn't really feel they were pushing any agendas etc. I don't think I came across any gay romance at all...

The only thing about gay romances I don't like is, that I won't play them and so from my selfish point of view their development is wasting resources. ;)

That's the same with a lot of other things in other games though. And for each gamer these things differ.

Gay romancing would be fine if it wasn't so in-your-face that it becomes absurd. Anders from DA2, for instance, was nauseating.

It's no less a pathetic fantasy than having women clad in little but plate g-strings proposition themselves at your slightest comment.

Is that how office romances work at Bioware-land? Because it sure ain't what I'm seeing on planet Earth outside of Hollywood B-movies.

How can DAI be a "gay right manifesto" when the entirely optional romances are exactly the same regardless of gender and the setting have no social prejudice regarding homosexuality (well minus nobles requiring heir)?

You know the funniest, Gaider is against making the romances swinging both ways (or romance in general for that matter). They do it because they have a big gay and lesbian following and development is cheaper with everyone being bisexual.

And Anders acts the same way if you play a female Hawke.

That's what would happen if you work out enough :D Girls die for six-pack abs and would jump on you in their plated g-strings :p

I'm slowly getting my six-pack visible - so I'll report back on the jumping thing ;)

Gay romancing would be fine if it wasn't so in-your-face that it becomes absurd. Anders from DA2, for instance, was nauseating.

It's no less a pathetic fantasy than having women clad in little but plate g-strings proposition themselves at your slightest comment.

Is that how office romances work at Bioware-land? Because it sure ain't what I'm seeing on planet Earth outside of Hollywood B-movies.

I never had Anders in my party so I guess that why I never came across any gay stuff.

Maybe I've grown more cynical regarding Bioware and romances but I don't think they handled them well even in BG2. I'm playing through it right now I feel the Jaheira romance is pushed on me, she's been a widow for less than an in-game week and it's already on.

Just give me TES VI :)

I never had Anders in my party so I guess that why I never came across any gay stuff.

I don't think I had him in my party either. It was just from normal conversation IIRC - where it was practically slammed into your face that this person is HOMOSEXUAL - DEAL WITH IT.

Maybe it was just how I read it, though :)

I guess Anders was in the closet during DA: Awakening. ;)

On the other hand, it would appear that the romance options in DAII are achievable regardless of gender. A female Hawke can romance Anders. I wonder if there's even any difference in the dialogue.

That actually makes it less in your face than ME3 where certain romances can only be achieved if you are the same gender.

I didn't explore the options - I just avoided Anders, because his overall personality was sickeningly "modern" and "hip" - like most of DA2 was.

The interrogation sequence during the introduction is among the least appealing fantasy cutscenes I carry around in my memories.

On the other hand, it would appear that the romance options in DAII are achievable regardless of gender. A female Hawke can romance Anders. I wonder if there's even any difference in the dialogue.

Anders flirt with your character regardless of gender and use the lines for that. If you investigate after his recruiting quest and play a male he's going to mention that Karl was his first though. That is the only difference.

I don't think I've ever seen character go downhill quite as fast as Anders. He was awesome in Awakening, one of the most entertaining and interesting characters, and then WHAM - terrible, and I don't mean that because he's gay. The whole Anders plot in DA2 is just awful, and then there's the ending..

I was curious about that as well, so I looked it up on youtube and there is virtually no difference except for here and there (e.g. when Ander's "friend" from the first mission dies Anders say something about that the friend was his "first").

Back
Top Bottom