C2077 Is it playable?

Cyberpunk 2077
For @JDR13; and anyone else wondering, the guide and key names I linked solved the issue for me.

I was able to fix all the key mappings completely to my taste. 200% difference. Where as last night it was taking 8-9 tries to complete each training exercise .. today I breezed through them all as if playing FO4 after 5 years. Okay maybe not that easy - but I didn't fail a single time, not even the optional advanced training tutorial.

What a difference it makes being able to map keys to what you are used to. No longer weird hand cross-overs over fumble fingers. I was able to map the F key to the ENTER key, the movement keys to their proper arrow positions, and from there all the important combat keys so they are within close reach of my left hand. Also a few custom edits for the UI and quality of life.

I have lost some respect for CDP though - they should have built this in from the start and not required users to learn how to edit their CONFIG XML files to do it.

Anyhow I can now continue playing where as last night was this " " close to uninstalling I was so frustrated :p

I feel your frustration. It's weird that they released the game like that. I'm sure full key rebinding will be implemented in a patch, but still…

And thank you for that link. I was able to rebind the hub menu (map, journal, etc) to the ~ key, and it makes a significant difference.

Now that I can actually play I am warming up fast to the game. I found it overwhelming at first, aside for the key issues. So much to learn in regards to hacking, skill trees and perks … there are a ton of mechanics in this game and a lot to learn (I don't play games like this usually so my brain is on overload). Also not a twitch player so taking me time to adapt to the game style.

But WOW the atmosphere is super intense. It looks amazing. The first real mission I did … I was in awe at how cool and immersive every thing is …it looks damn good. Brutal as well and definitely adult.

Also enjoying his home. Couple of non-spoiler screenshots of my street kid.

PS - And now that I am in it I am OK with the first person. Thanks to a few mirrors you can use and the photo mode - that lets you see your character most anytime you want - and the way the inventory is done … I don't miss third person that much. They really did a great job on the first person camera and I am SOLD on it.

Such a freakin shame they released it in this state. I'm really curious why they thought this was good idea. Instead of delaying it another year, at least. Were they really in such a financial bind? I can't imagine another reason.

Money

Why would they delay this?
Apart from some silly bugs, the game is so bloody fun once you decide to leave the main story and go lollygaggin'.

Hint - get the double jump ability as soon as possible - there are high places holding some real treasure.

Clearly, but I'm curious about the details. Were they in debt? A growing hole they were afraid they wouldn't get out of? Needing to sell the company/IP?

It can't be just, short term profit. It was obvious what would happen with the game releasing in this state. They also have no owner, except for the stock owners. Were they the reason? Anyways, I guess we'll likely never know.

Why would they delay this?

Really? :D

I guess you're not aware of the general feeling among old-gen console (PS4, Xbox One; which are the majority of console owners) players that it's a broken mess.
That CDPR's stock value dropped by 30% in the launch week?
https://www.techspot.com/news/87934-shares-cd-projekt-red-drop-nearly-30-percent.html

Even if on PC it's playable, bugs are still serious detractors from the experience.

Another year would have done wonders. But not delaying it in the last moment. A 2021/2022 launch window should have been anounced in 2019.

I don't see anything that makes me think it needed another year. Most of the annoyances are minor, and I'm pretty sure it could have been cleaned up sufficiently with another 2-3 months.

The console versions might be a different story.

I don't see anything that makes me think it needed another year. Most of the annoyances are minor, and I'm pretty sure it could have been cleaned up sufficiently with another 2-3 months.

The console versions might be a different story.

Yeah, the console version is what I was mainly talking about. Old-gen console (PS4/Xbox One). And if the game sold roughly 55/45 between PC and console, respectively, that's a huge number of unhappy customers, which might be refunding it.

And from what I've seen the PC isn't too hot either. I only played for about 1h, and it felt ok. But I have seen streams and personally I want to still avoid it for now. I feel it's a lot worse than how Witcher 3 felt on PC on launch day.

And even if you ignore the bugs, I still wonder about the economy and balancing. I wonder if that is nailed down, because various reviews mentioned that the economy felt off, and abilities felt unbalanced. Mostly underpowered.

Anyways, I think I'll check out from the Cyberpunk forums for now and start a blackout of the game until I decide to return to it in the future. I feel like I'm just souring myself with all the bad news.

Such a freakin shame they released it in this state. I'm really curious why they thought this was good idea. Instead of delaying it another year, at least. Were they really in such a financial bind? I can't imagine another reason.
Not surprised as CDPR admitted the delay to December 10th was basically due to poor console performance. The hardware is not capable of playing the game it seems.

Game was getting expensive as well. You can only please your investors for so long.

As for me some glitches on release but the latest hot-fix made my game run better in almost every area. Here are two things I hate about Cyberpunk 2077 so far.:(

1. Johnny Silver-hand is not in the game just your head & he is a villain.
2. The whole campaign story is just meh. Ghost in the Shell Deus ex Machina.

Almost 44h in it, having a blast; has many glitches and feels cluncky but its so enjoyable. City is just fucking huge. If you like driving,, i suggest doing the taxi mission and you will get a taxi as a car, which it controls veery nice.

edit only once in free roam i got rain, i wish there would be an option to set the probability of rain, it looks awesome when its raining

G5qVFAD.jpg

It won't run for me on windows 7. The game won't even launch. I don't know if its because of windows 7 exclusively though, because I see other complaints of launching problems on windows 10 in forums. Hopefully it will get some good patching eventually. I know I need a new computer to play it in its full glory but I just wanted to try it out, even though I will likely get really crappy FPS with my old gaming laptop.

I can tell this game is going to be a bit too much technically speaking and being made for cutting edge type machines for my aging computer to handle.

I'm glad they didn't. I was tired of waiting, and the game runs very well for me on my Xbox One X.

It won't run for me on windows 7. The game won't even launch. I don't know if its because of windows 7 exclusively though, because I see other complaints of launching problems on windows 10 in forums. Hopefully it will get some good patching eventually. I know I need a new computer to play it in its full glory but I just wanted to try it out, even though I will likely get really crappy FPS with my old gaming laptop.

I can tell this game is going to be a bit too much technically speaking and being made for cutting edge type machines for my aging computer to handle.

I had some trouble getting it working.(win7, 4 core cpu @ 4.2, gtx1070) It would crash after a few seconds playing. Wouldn't run at all until I got the new nvidia drivers.

I ended up fixing it by making a profile for the game in nvidia control panel and setting "power management mode" to "prefer maximum performance" which makes sure the GPU always gets full power. I guess the game wasn't correctly waking the GPU up.

Hope this helps.

PS. Doesn't run fantastic in Medium @ 1080p but it's good enough. I'm pretty picky about framerate and like to get 144fps. Seems to run around 45-60fps.

i suggest doing the taxi mission…
what the…
I cleaned the north area (it's called Watson if you zoom out the map) of side content and didn't find such quest. Yes everything. Yellow and blue.
Is it a main quest then? Because…

As you may see I still didn't meet with the japanese bodyguard main quest:

pic.jpg

The only ! there is a car I refuse to buy. Bought others, but hell this one is $75K.

I had some trouble getting it working.(win7, 4 core cpu @ 4.2, gtx1070)

PS. Doesn't run fantastic in Medium @ 1080p but it's good enough.
I have 4core 3.0 (okay I lie, but it's definetly not even close to 4) and the same card.
Tte game runs perfectly on high (all blurs disabled though).
So I have to suspect that the culprit is windows. Upgrade it.

EDIT:

One for WGD, melee weapons I use (one is leathal, one nonleathal, so I switch depending on quest requirements). Both are loot. Didn't buy a single weapon nor clothes so far, only cybernetics preferrably gold ones (playing on normal difficulty so that might be the reason why it isn't necessary).

pic.jpg

Last edited:
I am very much more into melee. I am a bad aim and often run out of ammo. Takes a long time. Much easier with a good blade.

Level 6 now and changing how I plan on putting my attributes and perks. Will be Body, Reflexes, and Cool. Love using knifes and fist. Will keep my eyes open for stuff.

Running smooth for me so far on Ultra preset. i7-4790K, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, SSD

I'm not blown away by the graphics though. It looks like an average AAA to me. I'm not in Night City yet though. Doing the Nomad prologue right now.

Not that I've picked it up yet, but our machines are dang near a match, so I should be okay. The only diff is I have I7-7700k, which probably amounts to a hill of beans ;)

I am very much more into melee. I am a bad aim and often run out of ammo. Takes a long time. Much easier with a good blade.

Level 6 now and changing how I plan on putting my attributes and perks. Will be Body, Reflexes, and Cool. Love using knifes and fist. Will keep my eyes open for stuff.
Because I watched some early video where it's shown how someone destroys everything with some automatic rifle I thought my I need some FPS desperately, I'll grab heavy guns and go Doom all over the place.

Then earlygame and some sidequests suggested stealth and I was doing that. Had no good rifle anyway, best stuff were pistols so used those when stealth failed.

And then I got now obsolete in my game a decent katana. Tried it.
Somehow, I loved it and continued - believe it or not this is my new GOG achievemet:
pic.jpg

Of course I don't go melee everywhere, looted also a superb revolver which serves me well against flying drones immune to certain hacking skills or hazardous things that explode if shot and stuff.

In short, I had a plan and the game made me change my mind, three times. But in a good way as I'm having fun like never.
I've became Fluent.

Not sure if it was the patch or just coincidence so far, but I haven't had a single lockup since the 1.04 update.

Hopefully I didn't jinx myself by posting that. :)

@joxer; Yea I have a Katana now and a nice unique tech gun as back-up. But I tend to like melee anyhow :)

I have 4core 3.0 (okay I lie, but it's definetly not even close to 4) and the same card.
Tte game runs perfectly on high (all blurs disabled though).
I haven't actually tried high. I suspect there are settings I can increase without lowering the frame rate but medium looks great, anyway, so I haven't got around to it.

So I have to suspect that the culprit is windows. Upgrade it.
There is no UPgrade for win7. Only a sidegrade to adware/spyware windows where users are the product and sold to advertisers. Then beyond that I imagine some kind of MS Azure 100% cloud based OS. I mean, why would a Windows user even need their critical OS system files all vulnerable on local storage? That's just asking for trouble!! They'll probably delete System32 to get more ram for their minecraft server.

The only reason MS ever gave me to get the next windows version was refusing to release the latest directx on the old OS. But 2077 is dx12 on win7, anyway. Plus, I think Vulkan games run better.

Back
Top Bottom